View Full Version : Crappest Ride (Sorry If Repeat)
12-29-2004, 09:14 PM
Who claims to have the worst ride of all UCP? Post pictures and problems it has when possible.
12-29-2004, 09:18 PM
12-29-2004, 10:20 PM
exactly what I was gonna say........ahem, sorry :o
I hate Scion, no offense meant.
12-30-2004, 06:56 AM
I dono if the scion is the worst of all the cars just because of the wear and tear on most of the cars here... but for a new car, i agree, pretty sad. :(
12-30-2004, 07:25 AM
Mine! Fiat Brava...
12-30-2004, 07:34 AM
I no longer own this POS but it should win hands down .....
1996 Plymouth Voyager (cut and pasted from original documentation I sent out to the dealer, district manager and Chrysler Customer Relations).
11/16/1998 @ 67005 km
- Took delivery of 1996 Plymouth Voyager/SE
12/21/1998 @ 70025 km
- Vibration at and decelerating from approx. 60 km.
- Balanced front tires
($ 25.25 customer)
- Noise in front end going over bumps.
- Replace front sway bar bushings
($ 109.59 global)
02/15/1999 @ 74465 km
- Tranny shifts hard into reverse when cold and stays in second gear too long before upshifting.
- Noticeable hard shift when tranny kicks down to pass.
- Recondition 3 speed transaxle
- Inspect and flush differential
- Flush cooler
- Vibration at 55-75 km/h (front tires previously balanced for this).
- Inspect differential
- Disassemble and inspect inner C/V joints
- Balance and rotate tires
- Install steering damper
- Ordered side transfer gears
($ 29.15 customer - filters and cleaners)
($ 1685.18 global)
03/01/1999 @ 75509 km
- Replacement of previously ordered side transfer gears.
- Replace side transfer gears
($ 182.98 chrysler)
03/10/1999 @ 76246 km
- Vibration at 55-75 km/h (side transfer gears previously replaced).
- Waiting for an answer from Engineering
- Blower fan works only on high.
- Test power at resistor block
- Replaced resistor block and harness
($ 186.40 global)
07/15/1999 @ 86633 km
- Vibration at 55-75 km/h and between 110-125 km/h.
- Transmission clunks into second gear on upshift.
- Replace 3 speed transaxle
- Flush cooler
- Buzzing noise when blower fan is on high.
- Replace blower motor
($ 341.26 global)
- Door locks are noisy when locking and unlocking
- Unable to duplicate at this time
- Wipers occasionally turn on by themselves, will make 2 or 3 sweeps then return to the park position.
- Install new multi-function switch
($ 202.11 global)
- Rental vehicle.
($ 69.00 global)
07/28/1999 Through to 08/06/1999
- Rental vehicle supplied by dealer while vibration problem is being rectified.
- First meeting about getting out of the lease agreement.
($ 311.85 dealer)
09/16/1999 @ 119098 km
- 26 point computer analysis & minor tune-up - Canadian Tire
( $ 126.38)
09/18/2000 @ 119211 km
- Vehicle stutters when cold, fine when warm.
- Clean and adjust throttle body
($ 122.55 customer)
- RECALL #845 - Fuel pump module seal and nut.
- Replace fuel tank module seal and locknut
- RECALL #825 - Radiator fan relay.
- Replace radiator fan relay
- Power steering fluid leak.
- Replace power steering pump
($ 337.67 global)
- Cracked exhaust manifold.
- Replace rear manifold
- Replace broken studs on front manifold
($ 444.41 global)
- Left outer tie rod end is loose.
- Replace left outer tie rod end
($ 143.84 global)
- Perform 2 wheel alignment
($ 80.44 customer)
11/21/2000 @ 123470 km
- Squealing noise when defrost is turned on.
- Vehicle takes a long time to heat up.
- Check engine light was on yesterday.
- Replace water pump
($ 454.89 global)
- Replace thermostat
- Refill anti-freeze
($ 98.41 customer)
- Replace A/C compressor
- Replace A/C belt
($ 788.27 global)
- Recharge R134 Freon
($ 41.40 global)
- Replace timing belt.
- Installed new timing belt
($ 177.04 customer)
- Replace fuel filter.
- Installed new fuel filter
($ 91.18 customer)
01/11/2001 @ 126194 km
- Operation drive clean and emission gas test
- Completed inspection, tested gases ... Vehicle passed
($ 32.10 customer)
05/22/2001 @ 136792 km
- Blower fan switch is very stiff to move
- Replace blower fan switch
- Belt squealing and excessive noise
- Replaced A/C compressor
- Replaced A/C belt
($ 96.11 customer)
- Clunking noise when going over bumps, into driveways
- Replace inner sway bar bushings
($ 63.46 global)
- Replace sway bar links
($ 212.80 global)
- When in traffic, tranny seems to hunt between gears, shifting hard between gears with a clunking noise.
- Unable to duplicate at this time
07/20/2001 @ 141143 km
- Radio and A/C shut off , odometer flickered and ABS light came on ... intermittent problem.
- Scanned ABS system
- Ran diagnostic tests
- Problem does not exist at this time
- Erased codes
($ 43.13 customer)
07/23/2001 @ 141635 km
- Vehicle not starting all the time, no power. Related to problem mentioned 07/20/2001.
- Scanned engine
- Could not recreate problem at this time
- Vibration in steering at approx. 110 km/h.
- Replace left outer tie rod end and hex nut
- Replace right outer tie rod end and hex nut
($ 139.92 global)
- Balance 2 front tires
($ 51.75 customer)
- Perform 2 wheel alignment
($ 82.75 customer)
- Ticking noise heard, more noticeable when driving next to a building, possible exhaust leak.
- Could not hear any unusual noises
NOTE: Vehicle was road tested only one (1) km at this time. Ticking noise still exists.
08/17/2001 @ 143241 km
- Report on van intermittingly losing electrical power while driving, customer was driving on HWY at a steady speed.
(NOTE: This caused the vehicle to stall without signal/hazard and brake lights).
- Customer has been having van cut out while driving for several weeks ... losing power
- Scan tested
- Cleaned battery terminals
- Scan over
- Scan reading and road test check out ok
NOTE: Over the phone the service advisor mentioned that a computer was replaced because it was not re-setting itself, this is not indicated on any invoice however.
- My second meeting about getting out of the lease agreement, van is unreliable and neither my wife nor I feel safe driving it.
01/04/2002 @ 155022 km
- Tranny is slipping when taking off from a stop, more evident when cold
- When driving tranny feels like it is hunting for gears
- Scan reveals no codes
- Road tested, shifting fine at this time
NOTE: I informed the dealership that I would return when the problem gets worse. Tranny is troublesome, though intermittently.
- Temperature control feels like it is binding, difficult to move switch for blower fan
- Removed switch and cleaned dial
NOTE: The last time I had this problem they replaced the blower fan switch (05/22/2001). Problem still exists.
($ 15.00 customer)
- When wipers are on intermittent will swipe a few times in a row
- Wipers will also occasionally stop in the center of the center of the windshield
- Replace wiper switch
NOTE: Wiper problem still exists.
($ 233.45 global)
- Check on vibration in front end, significant at low speeds.
- Tire pressure down
NOTE: Tire pressure was checked after leaving the dealership, it was correct yet the vibration still exists.
Chrysler = $ 182.98
Dealership = $ 311.85
Customer = $ 1086.24
Global (extended warranty) = $ 5453.65
NOTE: $ ??? = It was never indicated as to who covered these costs.
TOTAL KNOWN COSTS .... $ 7034.72
- This is excluding oil changes, and two sets of four tires.
- Six visits to the dealership for tranny complaints.
- Vibration has never been rectified.
- Wiper multi-function switch has been replaced twice, problem has returned …. Again.
- This has been an extremely bad experience with a Chrysler product, the most undependable, unreliable vehicle I have EVER owned.
12-30-2004, 07:57 AM
thik mine was a metro :p
12-30-2004, 09:56 AM
Hahaha. I understand. I wasn't expecting that but I know a lot of people hate Scions.
12-30-2004, 11:39 PM
Has anyone considered one of those incredibly ugly VW busses? :eek:
I have a 96 Saturn SL2 with 140k miles on it. First transmission blew at 30k. Second one at 80k. It's now on it's 3rd and seems to be on its way out. First engine went out at about 60k. Second one had to have the head replaced at 120k. I've also replaced the a/c compressor, multiple ignition modules, the alternator x2 and other miscellaneous things. I bought the car for $14k in 1997. I've easily spent over $10k in repairs. But, it's paid off and I'm going to drive it until it goes back into the ground as dust.
I bought a 30-year-old BMW 3 years ago. It has proven to be much more reliable than my Saturn. That's pathetic.
01-01-2005, 03:44 AM
Saturn put simply, is a wannabe jap import.
01-22-2005, 05:46 PM
my car is pretty terrible the rear suspension is on the way out when my 30kg little sister gets in the back it sags a shit load, the lights turn on if it gets to hot and the slushbox its got in it sometimes decides it wants to stay in 1st at 70kmh/7000rpm
01-22-2005, 05:50 PM
a family car we have is a 1995 taurus wagon v-6, its gone trough one transmission, roof is rusting, the door broke, bought another one, and didn't fit, we made it fit :), left rear tire looses pressure faster than the others, after multiple replacements of the wheel and tires, and the radio is shat.
01-22-2005, 06:06 PM
my current car: 1996 mercury sable!
01-22-2005, 09:44 PM
MINE!!! Hands down: none :p
01-24-2005, 09:33 AM
1996 Ford Galaxy 2.0 petrol
Electrics shot to hell. Battery always ran down. Interior fell apart. Couldn't climb a moderate grade faster than 10mph. Unreliable. Drove like a boat. Door handles came off in your hand. We only just got rid of it.