Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Choices

Choices

Ok heres the rundown, im gonna say what i'll do to each of my perspective cars, and give a pivture, and and i want you tosay what you like/dont like about each, and your overall favorite
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Early Porsche 911:
    Racing Buckets
    Carrera RS 2.7 Body Kit
    Fuch Alloy Rims
    Engine Modifications
    Exhaust
    Air Condition (rebuild)
    Steering wheel (thick rim)

like this, only black or blue accent instead of red
    Pic:
    http://skycar.myrice.com/Html/jspc/P...%20Carrera.JPG

2004 BMW X5 (my dad's friend said hed sell it to me in two years)
    20 or 22" rims, but not chrome (eww, chrome)
    Maybe Exhaust
    Lower suspension

Pic, same color, same rims:

http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gara...&autoYear=2004

Mercedes CLK430 (1999):
    This one im gonna do a bit differently, im going to gradually up the power as i become a better driver, to where when im a great driver ill have about 450-500 hp and similar torque numbers

But to start i'll get:
    suspension
    rims
    body kit
    maybe exhaust

Rims:

http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gara...&autoYear=1999

for body Body, as of now i cant find anything better than the amg styling:

http://imagesmercedes2.free.fr/image...lk55-amg_1.jpg

2002 Audi A4 QUATTRO 3.0 sport:
    Springs
    wheels
    turbo (small)
    body kit
    maybe bucket seats

rims:

http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gara...&autoYear=2002

Body kit:

http://www.modacar.com/products/Audi/A4/AA8RS

hope to hear lots of feedback
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

I like the Audi A4... and the Clk430. I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I don't like the look of the Porsche too much, and it's too powerful for someone you're age. (my age too but im not getting a porsche )
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I like the Audi A4... and the Clk430. I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I don't like the look of the Porsche too much, and it's too powerful for someone you're age. (my age too but im not getting a porsche )
    i like the a4 and clk also, thanks for the feedback

ok you dont like the porsche, fine with me

but to add to the categorie, id get an early 911S, not the real carrera rs, the S has about 180 hp, not too much, but my dad said hed help me modify the engine to get slightly more hp, somewhere in the 210-230 range, by doing exaust headers, that type of thing

I might sound like a broken record, but you seriously shouldn't get a Porsche 911 as a first car. Those old ones are absolutely crazy handlers, you need to be a very skilled driver. Get the A4. Learn up and take a few performance driving schools in it, and then start driving better cars.

That's a nice list of cars to kill yourself in. Get something cheap and safe, for at least the first year. Something that if/when you crack it up, you'll walk away and pick up your insurance check.

The only one on your list I'd even remotely consider as a first car would be the Audi. But it'd be an older one, with at most the 1.8T. Which also, btw, is very upgradable.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    I might sound like a broken record, but you seriously shouldn't get a Porsche 911 as a first car. Those old ones are absolutely crazy handlers, you need to be a very skilled driver. Get the A4. Learn up and take a few performance driving schools in it, and then start driving better cars.
    good point, but keep going with it, whats it to ya if it handles well? if its not got big power, then theres really no issue

good valid point though sr

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    good point, but keep going with it, whats it to ya if it handles well? if its not got big power, then theres really no issue

good valid point though sr
    Quiggs makes the best point, just buy a 6-10 yr old toyota or something, drive it for a year or so... and then with the money you're still earning that year, buy a new car.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

you WILL wreck you first car

you will probably wreck your second car.

do not get a car you love for your first car. i did, and i still miss it today.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Y'know, have a friend of mine, who didn't listen to his dad when he got his first car. His dad told him to buy a corolla or something for a little time, then he could sell it and get a better one.

What did he do? He went and bought himself either a Prelude or a Celica(can't remember) and it didn't even last for a year.

The Point: Get yourself something that you can go fast in, like a 200(the corolla), learn to drive in it fast and then go for faster cars. It's no point getting one now. Let's face it, you have many many years ahead. If you just spend maybe only a year of your life with this, you can have the rest of your life zooming around the town. Which is better? Get a speedy and wreck it-then have to get a slowy for 2 years, or get a slowy for a year, and go zoomy all your life?

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    Y'know, have a friend of mine, who didn't listen to his dad when he got his first car. His dad told him to buy a corolla or something for a little time, then he could sell it and get a better one.

What did he do? He went and bought himself either a Prelude or a Celica(can't remember) and it didn't even last for a year.

The Point: Get yourself something that you can go fast in, like a 200(the corolla), learn to drive in it fast and then go for faster cars. It's no point getting one now. Let's face it, you have many many years ahead. If you just spend maybe only a year of your life with this, you can have the rest of your life zooming around the town. Which is better? Get a speedy and wreck it-then have to get a slowy for 2 years, or get a slowy for a year, and go zoomy all your life?
    thats exactly what happened to me. i had a bmw 325, and by 8 months i had wrecked it twice. the second time i was hit in my door by a bronco, not fun. since that was retired and my insurance went through the roof, i got a lovely 1993 isuzu pickup. i hated it, it was slow and did not help with the chicks. but i actually learned how to drive more with that than i did with the bimmer. i got to the point to where i could keep up with all of my friends in their real cars, with my 4 cylinder, carburated, non-power steering, non power brakes truck. and then with a set of bald tires for a few months in the rainy season, i learned how to handle a car going sideways.

so thats actually my reccomendation, get a crappy, rwd, under powered car. and then drive it like a sports car, and then when you get a sports car, you will be more confident in your vehicle control, and be able to at least semi-competently drive it.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey
    thats exactly what happened to me. i had a bmw 325, and by 8 months i had wrecked it twice. the second time i was hit in my door by a bronco, not fun. since that was retired and my insurance went through the roof, i got a lovely 1993 isuzu pickup. i hated it, it was slow and did not help with the chicks. but i actually learned how to drive more with that than i did with the bimmer. i got to the point to where i could keep up with all of my friends in their real cars, with my 4 cylinder, carburated, non-power steering, non power brakes truck. and then with a set of bald tires for a few months in the rainy season, i learned how to handle a car going sideways.

so thats actually my reccomendation, get a crappy, rwd, under powered car. and then drive it like a sports car, and then when you get a sports car, you will be more confident in your vehicle control, and be able to at least semi-competently drive it.
    Wow. I actually said that with no driving experience whatsoever. But your'e a real help. Now I know what to do when I get a car. This thread was actually very useful. I find your life stories/experiences very interesting. You've been a great help, thanks

is anyone going to actually look at the cars, or are people STILL trying to talk me out of a car i want? these are all valid points, but they wont influence my decision, because i AM NOT GETTING A TOYOTA.

my dad had 2 camaros as his first car, didnt wreck either, and made a profit on both of them when the time came to sell them

now that thats out of the way, which cars do you guys like the best rocke, cmc, and spi-ti-tout?

Well how about you get a Volkswagen Golf then? They're easily upgradable.

Ok. Well I like the kits and the rims for the cars personally. But as we all say, you really shouldn't get one of those cars. Get a slower A4 or something, a 2.0l one or something, something that you can learn in. It'd suck seeing you lose all that money you earned if you bought one of those and crashed it.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    Early Porsche 911:
    As many people have said, not a good first car. Get a few years driving experience before even thinking about a Porsche.

Engine Modifications
    A bit vaque. Do you want to balance the engine? New cams? Port the head's etc?

2004 BMW X5
    Do you actually NEED an X5?

20 or 22" rims, but not chrome (eww, chrome)
    Maybe Exhaust
    Lower suspension
    Can somebody spell bling bling?

This one im gonna do a bit differently, im going to gradually up the power as i become a better driver, to where when im a great driver ill have about 450-500 hp and similar torque numbers
    Alright, now apply that theory to ANY car your gunna get
    I am the Stig

Thread Information