Voters
294. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1993 Supra Twin Turbo

98 33.33%
  • !999 Skyline-R34 GT-R

196 66.67%
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Supra vs Skyline

In the states I would choose the Skyline, Supras are fairly common. Plus I think the Skylines look better (I really don't like the "sports/ exotic car look). But everything I am saying is hearsay since I have driven neither.

Can I pick a 1989 Turbo Trans Am? (The American in me)

neither!!!

uhhhhh rwd is actualy more practical in general as it doent have the dead weight the awd system has requiring what is it like 3 diffs and 2 gear boxes around town its just a waste and even on the 1/4 mile it might take off faster but it levels out with the extra weight it has
    supras are nice cars i know a bloke who has one its a nice car it handels great and he had a great dual down they clyde mountain with a pretty serous HR holden with a healthy 350 under the bonnet
    and sylines here are soiled by the boy racer image here all of them you see are coverd in crappy stickers like they are going to forget the mods they done to it like the maditory K&N airfilter and sparco seats that dont match the interior and they usualy have shitty graphics along the side
    and im glad this isnt like school where theres usualy a wog who will argue black and blue that an rx-7 is better

the skyline may win in the quarter do to its attessa awd system and incredibelness... but, if we were to compare the engines the supra engien would win hands down... the supra engine is sooo incredible words cant describe it, although the skyline engine is close behind... supra WOOT!!!!!
    its not speed that kills u its the sudden stop at the end

The Skyline!

Of course, the Supra is a very nice car. I think of it as sort of a japanese muscle car you know? Front engine rear drive, latest generation actually has more torque than horse due to restricted horse in Japan (at least the listed specs anyway).

But the Skyline! The sheer technology of it all....it's amazing. The four wheel drive with electronic torque split, super hicas four wheel steering, electronic limited slip too. It's awesome, and the engine of course has the potential to produce around 500hp comfortably with stock internals.

But the thing I would love most about it is that not many people in america would know what it is. If I had one I wouldn't touch the body at all. I would want it in black, with dark rims, either gunmetal or black. No body kit or any bs like that, just big turbos, and all the plumbing reaquired for them, bigger intercooler, sport exhaust, stiffer suspension with maybe a slight drop in ride height, big brakes, some nice rubber, oh and drive train mods too. Then I could sneak up on anyone!

Can you imagine rolling up next to somebody in a vette, or stang, or even a porsche or a Lancer. Just about anything! Then asking if they want to race, lol! They'd be like "What's that? Some kind of suped up maxima or something?". Then just crank it up to 6800rpm and watch the fireworks.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Supra is better. Someone mentioned that they like any car that can scare a Ferrari, and they were referring to an NSX. Sorry dude, no NSX scares any Ferrari in production today!

I think they both have good points like the skyline has power to burn but isnt the most agaile car around. whereas the supra may not have as much power but is more agile.
    But besides that they are both great cars and if i had to choose i would say skyline cos of its looks.

very true monstaman, it seems as if th esupra was made to chase the skyline around the track, but the skyline was made to chase the supra at the strip...either way there both incredible cars... but if were talkn engines 2jz has to be one of the most bulletproof engines ever made

Re: Supra vs Skyline

Originally posted by Supra-Devil
    Which Is Better In Stock?

1. 1993 Supra Turbo
    2. 1999 R34 Skyline GT-R

Supra Skyline

HP 800MAX <---WIN!!! 1900MAX
    Weight 1565 kg <---WIN!!! 1666kg
    Displacement 2997cc <---WIN!!! 2568cc
    0 - ¼ mile 13sec <---WIN!!! 13.7sec
    0 - 60 mph 5.9sec <---WIN!!! 5.2sec
    0 - 100 mph 11.8sec <---WIN!!! 11sec
    Powertrain RWD WIN!!!---> 4Wd

Well Motly Supra Wins I Dont Know Why People Like Sky`s U Know.....!!!!! (n supra is 1993 whereas sky is 1999 +1 )
    ur so DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST 276HP for a R34? wat da hell r u goin on about u FREAKIN LAIR. supras can b bout 800HP MAX...SKYLINE 1405HP MAX........u sound another one of those pathetic losers..........n if u install a good turbo in a skyline it'll go up to 1900HP......N I AINT KIDDIN OR LYING LIKE U DO!!!

the above i have changed are actually true facts!!!!!!!! a mate of mine who runs over 50 boyracing garages over nz has told me thats the best time done 4 supras in the ocenia...he used 2 have a supra dunno which year but was 612HP...at first he thought sky's were slow but once i convinced him 2 race n dat was it...the next day his supras were all sold and he started selling sky's n got his own 1...he tuned it up to 389kw on all 4 wheels and 1200HP......u shud try a skyline sum day
    Attached Images Attached Images

how can you say that the cars can "only" make a certain amount of power. they both come stock with twin turbo engine which should be able to boost power tremedously or you could fit bigger turbos aftermarket. the whole idea about turbochargin is "the sky's the limit"

Originally posted by fpv_gtho
    how can you say that the cars can "only" make a certain amount of power. they both come stock with twin turbo engine which should be able to boost power tremedously or you could fit bigger turbos aftermarket. the whole idea about turbochargin is "the sky's the limit"
    hey lil baby...go home 2 mummy, ur just 14........n think u no heaps of stuffs bout cars......U PROBABLY DUNNO JACK SHIT!!! so wait till u grow older, have ur own car, be able to race it and then come and talk, dunno y they let lil kids like u in here

im 15 u ****wit and i know more shit about cars than my dad and my 19 year old friend

ok mr r34_296kw if u no so much about cars, the supra can only be tuned to 800hp... BULLSHIT....... HKS GT3037 x2 and Custom ground 272/292 degree camshafts on top of some other work would get a supra in to 1200hp easey, supras engines are way more capable than the rbd.... here in kansas we have 2 skyline owners both who have there cars in the shop ive talked to both of them they way more knowledgable than ur ass, they both admit that the supra engine is capable of way more power than the skyline engine, and it can hold the power..... yes the skyline engine is great... so is the car... but u my friend come in here talkn like u no shit puttin people down when u are probably just a 10 year old kid who has played to much gt3.....

look you skyline toting **** wit i dont care what you think fpv does or doesnt know hes quite knowlagble id say he knows more about new cars then i do (the only thing i wont give him is racing and older cars) and he also is very open minded (somthing you arnt) and hes also more articulate with a keybord then you when you type it ****ing looks like a text message "n u think u no heaps about cars". And how do you rate your own standards? picking on someone becuse of their age? or resorting to very desperate offences to try and get some feeling of victory from someone who has proven you wrong at every turn?

thanks for that one

Thread Information