Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: M3 vs 2011 Mustang GT

Hi...

I think that the Ford Mustang GT is better than BMW M3 Coupe. Ford is faster than BMW but in handling BMW is much better than Mustang. Looks wise BMW wins every time but if we talk about power then Ford will win. Both cars are best at their place but if we compare then Ford is better in much extent.

Thanks...

I've squared up to both on the Nurburgring GP track on the same day.
    The M3 just annihilated the Mustang -- and it was the 2008 Bullit version with better handling pack than the GT and full Ford Racing intake giving extra revs.
    Even the "puny" ( and cheaper ) RX-8 was up for it ( jsut not the power on the straight )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

James,
    Are you a troll or something? I mean you seem to resurrect old threads. I just keep waiting to see a signature where you are trying to sell something. If you really want to discuss this topic I would suggest a quick Google search as several magazines have done the review for you.

Ahhh but I see your homepage is a commercial site. Perhaps you get a kick back for each visitor to your garage supply store.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    I've squared up to both on the Nurburgring GP track on the same day.
    The M3 just annihilated the Mustang -- and it was the 2008 Bullit version with better handling pack than the GT and full Ford Racing intake giving extra revs.
    Even the "puny" ( and cheaper ) RX-8 was up for it ( jsut not the power on the straight )
    The 2008 Bullitt has 200 hp less than this.

Also: driver.

^ ah that's quite a bit
    I thought the GT was only the same mods and only the FR modded ones were the biggies.
    Stand corrected.

The driver was capable, we swapped places regularly - he always got me on the straight
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I'd imagine it would take a better driver to really show how good the mustang handles. The BMW is slightly over-engineered in comparison, so I'd say it would win every time when you throw two amateurs in the cockpit. With two experienced drivers it might be a different story, and you'd probably see a smaller gap between the two cars. Could be wrong.

^ ah that's quite a bit
    I thought the GT was only the same mods and only the FR modded ones were the biggies.
    Stand corrected.

The driver was capable, we swapped places regularly - he always got me on the straight
    Bezeh.

The 2011s have 412 odd, the 2008 Bullitt's 315 or so.

So not 200, but around 100.

Also from the Canadian perspective, if you want a budget performance/speed/track car the RX-8 doesn't make too much sense sadly. I'd like to preface what I'm about to say by telling you that I like the RX-8.

In Canada, you can get the 2011 V6 Mustang starting at 23k; the 5L starts at 38.5k. The RX-8 is 42k, and the M3 Coupe is out of the question at 71.7k. I'd wager the RX-8 is the best handler of the three, but when you are down 70 or 170 hp to the V6 or V8 Mustang respectively, paying more up front, and have 12.8L/100km city, 9.8L/100km highway to the 5L's 13.0L/100km city, 8.4L/100km highway, then you gotta start asking yourself: why did I buy this? It is almost assuredly a better handler than the Mustang, but if you want a better handling car than the Mustang that is cheap, get the 210 hp 25.5K 2L turbocharged Genesis Coupe, or the 306 hp 32.3k V6 Genesis Coupe, or one of the variants of a GT version of either. If you want a car similar in price to the RX-8 that is more powerful and handles better than the Mustang, then get a 370Z with 330 hp for 40.5k.

The RX-8 is not competitive at it's price point in this market, and based on my straw poll of sightings of the face-lifted version, it ain't selling. The preface-lift RX-8 may be the most common sports car I see.

The things that the RX-8 have going for it are great handling, low weight, and unique engine format. However, when you are charging more for these features than your competitors which are likely faster in a straight line and on the track, it's a hard sell to say that added driving pleasure makes up for lack of speed (even if it actually does) especially when you are the priciest.
    Last edited by Kitdy; 10-21-2010 at 11:10 AM.

yeah K, I wasn't making a sales pitch for the RX-8 just using it to give some first-hand comparative serious track data.
    Nobody wants the last of the line on rotary engined cars. ... too mcuh stigma assocaited with it. However, I am negotiating to see how desperate Mazda UK might get discount wise to get rid of the last of them which MUST be registered by 31st Dec

A Bullitt is nothing but a stock 3V with a sub-par CAI, and a moderate tune. They'd be lucky to put down 305hp with a good tune for 93 octane.

The new 5.0's put down 365 stock, and just around 400 with CAI and tune. Plus, torque curve looks a bit better.

It would be more like E46 M vs. 05-10 GT, and E9X M vs. 11 GT w/ Brembo package, but then I'd still pick the Ms as generally faster in the twisties on a track. Especially the E46s compared to the 05-10 GTs.

Point basically is that the 11s handle remarkably better than the previous MY Mustangs. Suspension, stability control, and steering have all been tweaked along with better stock tires.
    Turning money into memories.

However, I am negotiating to see how desperate Mazda UK might get discount wise to get rid of the last of them which MUST be registered by 31st Dec
    Honestly, in the UK I'd probably take an RX8 over a Mustang. I always start to cringe when I'm over there, and I start thinking about what it would be like driving my car there.
    Turning money into memories.

With one more litre and around 100 more foot pounds of torque,it stands to reason that the Mustang would be slightly faster than the BMW.Look at the HP difference though,as the Germans crank out slightly more than the Americans,even with a smaller engine.Ahhhh,one more litre from the BMW and it would have been lights out for the Mustang.

Don't fall into the foolish HP/L game. GM's "massive" 7L V8 is physically smaller and lighter than the "small" BMW V8. The Ford V8 is likely not much heavier than the BMW V8. The torque advantage is partially overlooked via gearing. Engines are air pumps. You can pump the same volume of air via turning the motor faster or sucking in more air per rotation. Why assume one is inherently better?

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    Honestly, in the UK I'd probably take an RX8 over a Mustang. I always start to cringe when I'm over there, and I start thinking about what it would be like driving my car there.
    Next time your over drop me a PM,
    can arrange a drive for you in an RX-8 on God's best roads

Thread Information