Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: German cars VS American cars

German cars VS American cars

This thread has been made for confronting German car against American cars.
    The rules:

1-You must compare cars from the same categories (ex: Mercedes E-Class can't be confronted to a Chevy Cavalier, but a Cadillac Seville)

2- When you confront cars you must create a post with pictures of the both cars and you must create a poll ex: (which one do you like BMW 3-series or Cadillac CTS)

3- A SUV must be confronted to another SUV (ex: BMW X5 VS Cadillac Escalade)

4- American cars = all the brand mark that an American group holds (Ex: Ford owns Jaguar so Jaguar is considered as an American car (it's just for the game))
    Idem for German cars

So now let's have fun....
    Il me faut une caisse dans les 300 et le GPS

BMW Z3 1.9L (sold)
    Mercedes SLK 230 (sold)
    Jaguar XK8 (sold)
    Porsche 996 Carrera 4 (for sale)
    2004 Mini Cooper
    Mercedes 2005 SLK 55 AMG (ordered)

BMW 5-Series VS Jaguar S-Type

...Just thought I'd note that despite being owned by Ford, Jaguar is still a British Company

EDIT: Just moved this thread to car comparison...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 12-25-2003 at 08:18 PM.

BMW Z3 1.9L (sold)
    Mercedes SLK 230 (sold)
    Jaguar XK8 (sold)
    2004 Mini Cooper

Cadillac CTS-V vs Audi S4

Cadillac CTS-V - 2004:

Engine
    Cylinders: V8
    Displacement: 5667 cc
    Horsepower: 400 bhp @ 6000 rpm
    Torque: 395 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm

Performance
    0-60 mph: 4.6 sec
    Top Speed: 155 mph
    Price: $49,995

Audi S4 - 2003

Engine:
    Cylinders: 8
    Displacement: 4163 cc
    Horsepower: 344 bhp @ 7000 rpm
    Torque: 302 lb-ft @ 3500 rpm

Perfomance
    0-60 mph: 5.0 sec
    Price: $45,000
    Fasten seat belt while seated

I wanted to compare Cadillac Allante with Audi 80 Cabriolet, but I didn't find the specifications of Cadillac Allante.

Cadillac XLR - 2004 vs Mercedes-Benz SL 500 - 2003

Cadillac XLR - 2004

Engine
    Type: V8
    Displacement: 4565 cc
    Horsepower: 320 bhp @ 6400 rpm
    Torque: 310 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
    Redline: 6700 rpm

Performance
    0-60 mph: 5.6 sec
    0-100 mph: 13.3 sec
    Top Speed: 155 mph (limited)
    Price: $75,435

Mercedes-Benz SL 500 - 2003

Engine
    Type: V8
    Displacement: 4996 cc
    Horsepower: 306 bhp @ ---- rpm
    Torque: 295 lb-ft @ 2700 rpm
    0-60 mph: 6.2 sec

Moved to car comparison...let's try to keep these in the right forum, here...

I think I should point out that despite being owned by Ford, Jaguar still operates as a British Company...

Mercedes-Benz still should be a german company even though it is owned by Daimler-Chrysler, Mercedes-Benz is as german as sauerkraut.

i think a fair comparison would be the VW new Beetle V.S. the Cavalier
    okay then, both are 4-cylinder fornt wheel drive, both are in the mid 10-20k range but the VW is better looking and more popular, and has more quality and performance. does everyone agree if i say the VW is better?
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissbeatz
    ...Just thought I'd note that despite being owned by Ford, Jaguar is still a British Company

EDIT: Just moved this thread to car comparison...
    even though i like jaguar more than BMW, i'll have to go with the BMW becaus i heard that the Jag S-type is kind of crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    Mercedes-Benz still should be a german company even though it is owned by Daimler-Chrysler
    what do you mean?
    daimler-chrysler didnt own the benz,daimler benz and chrysler(include dodge and chrysler)are just working toghether

first daimler-benz was a german company. This is the Deutsche-Bank who owns this compagny, second Daimler-Benz has not consolidates with Chrysler, it was simply a takeover bid. An now shareholders from Chrysler are not very happy cause it was simply a racket.
    So we can conclude that Daimler-Chrysler is a german company.

And in second, I know that Jaguar is still an english company but Americans don't have luxury cars like BMW or Benz. Sorry but a Cadillac is not considered like a luxury car in Europa. It's why I have put Jaguar as an American car. IT JUST FOR THIS GAME.

BMW Z3 1.9L (sold)
    Mercedes SLK 230 (sold)
    Jaguar XK8 (sold)
    2004 Mini Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Swissbeatz
    first daimler-benz was a german company. This is the Deutsche-Bank who owns this compagny, second Daimler-Benz has not consolidates with Chrysler, it was simply a takeover bid. An now shareholders from Chrysler are not very happy cause it was simply a racket.
    So we can conclude that Daimler-Chrysler is a german company.

And in second, I know that Jaguar is still an english company but Americans don't have luxury cars like BMW or Benz. Sorry but a Cadillac is not considered like a luxury car in Europa. It's why I have put Jaguar as an American car. IT JUST FOR THIS GAME.
    why don't you consider a Cadillac to be a Luxury car in Europe?

I consider you a jackass.

Anyways, I think comparing entire car companies of different nations is stupid. It's not going to solve anything, and your saying bullshit like, "Cadillac is not considered like a luxury car in Europa."
    You damn well know that your beloved German car companies wouldn't be anywhere without the US market, because a major part of their sales are in America, thats why this topic is retarded.
    If your trying to bash the United States, please find another way.

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloGTR
    If your trying to bash the United States, please find another way.
    You saying this is just about as paranoid as the United States' national security policy

Try not to jump to any conclusions, here... he never said anything directly against the US, he just said that Cadillac's aren't really considered to be luxury cars in Europe? Gee, he might be right, and he might not be, but don't you think its a little bit harsh to react like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    You saying this is just about as paranoid as the United States' national security policy

Try not to jump to any conclusions, here... he never said anything directly against the US, he just said that Cadillac's aren't really considered to be luxury cars in Europe? Gee, he might be right, and he might not be, but don't you think its a little bit harsh to react like that?
    it's still insulting to say "cadillacs aren't considered to be luxury cars in Europe" because they are luxury cars anywhere, that's all they make.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    even though i like jaguar more than BMW, i'll have to go with the BMW becaus i heard that the Jag S-type is kind of crappy.
    You heard wrong.
    It is everything an exec saloon needs to be and some more.
    Not enough to drag me away from my Alpine, but the day will come when I'll have to wear a bunnet - just before I get a Volvo :-)

Except the kiss of death is that Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson reckons it's better than the BMW.
    That'll destroy sales for Jaguar :-)

Thread Information