Thread: Automotive Dreams

Automotive Dreams

Just curious, has anyone ever had automotive themed dreams?

I have had two that I remember vividly, one of them I had last night.

I dreamed that my father found a pristine Acura Integra 5 door hatch, one of those around the late 80's. And then I proceeded to learn how to drive a manual transmission on it. The significance- we used to own a 5 door Integra, and I used to shift for my father in the passenger seat.

Another dream I had was probably more of a lucid dream- I summoned a 997 Carrera S with photographic equipment in the back seat. I was on a mountain road and I was stopping whenever I felt like taking photos of the landscape. And I was driving at a pretty spirited pace.

Awesome dreams I have.

I have them often. Last one involved my old Audi spawning back from nothing when we needed another car because we were stopped after toll in the car we were going in. When I woke up in the morning I thought, wait but I don't have the Audi anyomre... Also I once dreamed driving a car with square wheels, it was a white MG Metro.

For some reason when I dream I'm driving, the cars I drive have brakes that don't work...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Only automotive dream i can remember vividly was a long time ago. I dreamt that while i was at Watkins Glen for the vintage grand prix, i got hired to drive a C3 Corvette big block race car bc the owner was too old and couldn't handle the car anymore. I was there on race day so i had to start from the back since the car was never qualified. When the race started, everyone pulled away down the long front stretch but not too far and i woke up right when i started braking for the first turn

The only reason i can come up with for such a wild and specific dream was that i used to go to the vintage grand prix every year while i was in high school and my senior yr, the owner of a Trans-Am AMC Javelin let me start his car and get the water temp. up before his race. Perfect building blocks for this dream, the sound of the big block V8 and the familiarity of the event and the track

I don't remember dreams so vividly but I had one that I was driving on some abandoned country road and floored it (do not ask me in which car, I couldn't say for the life of me) and the road magically produced a corner and just as I begin to fly off the road I wake up.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

I have them occassionally. Sometimes they're like flying dreams, beautiful roads and scenery which changes rapidly... the car might even fly. It's usually in something exotic like a Bugatti 57 or Alfa BAT. Had an odd one the other night: driving a childhood friend's heavily loaded old pickup, by remote control (!) and had to back it into a parking space on top of a 5 story garage. Being on the ground below I couldn't see anything, depending on radio from my buddy... and backed in so fast that the truck jumped the curb, flipped over the wall and crashed spectacularly. I had to jump outta the way.

We both laughed our asses off. Dream analysis needed... I have no idea what THAT might mean.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only person with weird dreams.

I love photography, so the 997 Carrera S with a Nikon D3s and all the lenses I ever needed or wanted in the back seat was a great dream.

I was at a used car lot and there were two cars: an older Legacy turbo and an E30. For some reason or other, I couldn't get the Legacy so I went for the E30. I offered the guy something like 2-3K but the sale doesn't go through. I leave and then I wake up.

Yeah, my dreams are kinda bland.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I once dreamt my parents owned a green Aston DB7 V12 Vantage. As I got in the car I noticed the interior was filthy with dog hair. We never take our dog in our real vehicles. Regardless, I took it for a drive, and it was amazing.

My other dream involved driving a yellow Murcielago from a warehouse in California all the way back to my home in BC. In my dream, this trip was much shorter than the one in real life would have been. However, the drive was the most unbelievable experience.

I have some vivid imagination that brings these cars to life with all their beautiful details in my mind. The Lambo was the best, because I even smelled the leather. The shifting with the traditional "ball on a stick" was as real as I would imagine it to be. Needless to say, waking up from either of these dreams back to my non exotic reality was a huge disappointment.

I think only true car nuts have these sorts of dreams. If I shared this with anyone else, they'd probably think I was a complete dork.

I can't remember any of my dreams. However, if I could remember my dreams I would assume I dream of owning a BMW M3.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Just had another one last night although the central theme of the dream was not auto related. For some reason or another i was driving a Chevy Tahoe thru the narrow streets of Italy of all places. I gotta stop watchin Jersey Shore right before i go to bed.

I very rarely remember my dreams, about once a year on average. The car dream that i do remember:

I had a first gen 996 S, dark green metallic, dark brown leather interior, for some reason, it felt like i had bought it used. it was parket at my parents place, me and my wife got inside, like a very normal day, i started it, gave it a good rev and she said something in a sensual tone, no ideia what it was, but that was the feeling it gave. Drove of the parking spot, turned it to the road and as i engaged 2nd i felt the rear of the car go down with the heavy acceleration. I remember the sound perfectly. and then i sadly woke up :S
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Well I dreamed a lot that includes different car models and the one that I love is driving a Ferrari sports car in a bloody red color.

Ultimatecarpage.com - Powered by knowledge, driven by passion
    Last edited by henk4; 10-29-2011 at 01:34 AM. Reason: removed spam link

Thread Information