Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gumball 3000 - you won't escape from them...

Gumball 3000 - you won't escape from them...

yeah, amazingly Gumball is going to be carried on

GTSPIRIT - Gumball 3000, Bullrun, Cannonball & MORE » Gumball 2008

after killing people in europe and fun being spoiled by police, they moved to try out american highways and then some hookers in asia
    12 cylinders or walk!

That's bad news.

At least they are out of Europe.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Hmm... SF... I'll try to be there.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

You know, I use to think it was pretty cool, but I really am beginning to see how reckless and stupid it really is. I don't care if they say it isn't a race, they are still promoting speed, stupidity and bad judgement. They should really try to come up with something better that won't harm innocent people or participants.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    You know, I use to think it was pretty cool, but I really am beginning to see how reckless and stupid it really is. I don't care if they say it isn't a race, they are still promoting speed, stupidity and bad judgement. They should really try to come up with something better that won't harm innocent people or participants.
    Being wealthy they could rent a track and try to not kill anybody.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Being wealthy they could rent a track and try to not kill anybody.
    Man, they could even build their own track
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

I think they should all use Amphicars and set sail from San Francisco to Shanghai...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I think they should all use Amphicars and set sail from San Francisco to Shanghai...
    And get sunk in the process.

If this guys want to prove something then they sould turn this event into something similar to the Tour Auto but with modern cars and around the world. They would have to drive as close as possible to a given average speed and then, from time to time, stop for a go at a racing track. But I guess most of them cope better with oncoming traffic than with corners.
    Last edited by McReis; 09-05-2007 at 07:49 AM.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post

If this guys want to prove something then they sould turn this event into something similar to the Tour Auto but with modern cars and around the world. They would have to drive as close as possible to a given average speed and then, from time to time, stop for a go at a racing track. But I guess most of them cope better with oncoming traffic than with corners.
    Street racing dreamers... Good idea, but there is so much to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    Im the same, i used to buy the dvd's but its only entertaining to a point.
    amen to that
    autozine.org

If this guys want to prove something then they sould turn this event into something similar to the Tour Auto but with modern cars and around the world.
    well being in one bunch with participants of tour auto on road i can guarantee you they're applying to speed limits rather liberarly as well
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    well being in one bunch with participants of tour auto on road i can guarantee you they're applying to speed limits rather liberarly as well
    and are helped and supported by the French police...because the organisation works in close cooperation with the authorities....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

if i was in their position i'd simply close off the nurburgring and have everyone go round it.
    or build another nurburgring, lol.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I personally think the gumball is a great display of love for sportscars. Who wouldnt love a tour of europe or america involving the worlds most desirable exotics?

True. The death of the participators was a tragedy but in a car your safety is your own responsibility, and I will always hold on to the notion that the Gumball does not promote reckless driving, only individuals do.

I love the way people post these articles and everyone instantly portrays themselves as saints...

Thread Information