Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toyota Tacoma X-Runner

Toyota Tacoma X-Runner

This thing is awesome...

4.0 litre V6 6 speed
    240 horse power
    275 torque

toyota claims it has great power, the X-Runner makes use of the 4.0-liter V6 already found in the 4Runner sport-utility. Here, it's rated for 240 horsepower and 275 pound-feet of torque, and hooked up to a six-speed manual transmission. The 60-mph mark is said to come around in just 7 seconds. For those who require more, Toyota will offer a fully warranted TRD supercharger that raises horsepower to an even 300, while shaving "more than an additional second" off the 0-60 time. Handling should also be impressive, as Toyota claims the X-Runner can pull off 0.9g of lateral acceleration on the skid pad. Company executives even had the audacity to say that the truck's handling characteristics were benchmarked against Nissan's 350Z sports car
    performance and handling
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ENZOMAN; 04-07-2004 at 04:39 PM.

one more pic...
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice pics nice car... any info?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

let me rephraze that: have you got any 0-100 times (or 0-60 mph) etc?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    let me rephraze that: have you got any 0-100 times (or 0-60 mph) etc?
    nope, in all the sites i went to, none had any performance figures yet, sorry

i rather the X runner concept toyota australia came up with that was a ute version of the avalon
    I am the Stig

Hey! Thats just liek how the Ford Falcon has a ute counterpart, is that what its aimed at?

it was merely a demonstration by toyota australia that they had the R and D facilities to come up with their own products and didnt have to rely 100% on Japan. the sportivo concept is the same philosophy
    I am the Stig

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    it was merely a demonstration by toyota australia that they had the R and D facilities to come up with their own products and didnt have to rely 100% on Japan. the sportivo concept is the same philosophy
    And 100% proof that Ford and Dodge are still more powerful and always will be. The 'yota needs a Supercharged V-8!

Whats it have to do with Dodge?

We have a fanboy on our hands

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeNitroBIRM
    And 100% proof that Ford and Dodge are still more powerful and always will be. The 'yota needs a Supercharged V-8!

100% proof that you dont know what your talking about. dodge and ford have nothing to do with the X-runner concpet toyota australia came up with.
    I am the Stig

The X-Runner concept from Toyota Oz was actually not that bad looking or sounding (As in what they said it could do) car. People like Nitroturd are from the mindset that foreign cars will never be truly accepted into the domain of the "Real American Truck" which most US manufacturers earn most of their profits from, now things like the Nissan Titan are cutting into this market, as it the Tacoma, this tacoma is cutting into the F-150 SVT Lightning market, and granted, it may have a way to go yet, but think of how much Japanese cars have progressed over 20 years or so, not only in tech but in Mindset of the public.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

well even Hyundai are considering entering an SUV-truck into the American market. and i thought their brand image couldnt get any worse.......
    I am the Stig

In America Hyundai have a slightly better reputation than in Australia, simply because americans love a good bargain, and Hyundais are just that, you do get a lot of car for your money. The Move to the Truck market would actually be smart for them, even if they have missed the boat on it slightly....
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

i think i read somewhere that the reason Hyundai get away with $13,990 drive away price tags, is when some big player on the market like toyota or nissan put 3 years development on a car, Hyundai scribble out "years" and put in "months", thats a bit exaggerated but still, ive heard of them only spending 8 months on certain cars
    I am the Stig

Thread Information