Thread: Fastest ever 1/4 Mile and 0-60...

Fastest ever 1/4 Mile and 0-60...

In 1985 Sammy Miller set the fastest 1/4 mile time to date of 3.58 seconds in his vanishing point rocket car.

It also did 0-60 in 0.16 seconds...

It was also packing around 25,000 hp

http://www.rugeley.demon.co.uk/sport/drag/sammy.htm
    http://www.draglist.com/stories/SOD%...SOD-030702.htm

It was noted that every time he drove it his nose and ears would bleed! I'm sure it had a lot to do with him basically lying on his back while driving it, but then again, he did that so he wouldn't black out. The physics of the human body under moments of extreme acceleration are crazy...

I've got a video of the car on my computer, doing it's famous run. Doesn't look like a real video at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    I've got a video of the car on my computer, doing it's famous run.
    Egg Nog: Do you know somewhere on the internet I'd be able to download this video or is there a possibility that you could post it somehow or send it through email. Also, do you have any more information on the car itself? I'd never heard of this vehicle....what sort of engine were they using to generate over 20,000 HP.

It might be a similar engine to the engine in the M-1 abrams tank.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

On www.fast-autos.net there's a car that can go from 0-60 in 1.2 secs and its not rocket powered.
    "Please, just stop blabbering! If you want to blabber...go to supercars.net cause UCP aint gonna accept this kind of behaviour." - Gtek-i

http://junaman.wordpress.com/ New articles up.

Quote Originally Posted by bige321786
    Egg Nog: Do you know somewhere on the internet I'd be able to download this video or is there a possibility that you could post it somehow or send it through email. Also, do you have any more information on the car itself? I'd never heard of this vehicle....what sort of engine were they using to generate over 20,000 HP.
    Phenomenal times of 0-60 mph in 0.2 seconds and 0-100 mph in 0.3 seconds were normal for rocket cars. Sammy couldn't buy the rocket fuel in England and had to buy it in Germany. He had to fuel the car in a field about 1/4 mile away from any other cars or spectators! I believe the engine he used in "Vanishing Point" was the same type used by NASA in the lunar module. He had to lie almost flat on his back in the car; otherwise, the incredible acceleration would have caused him to black out. He said that every time he raced the car his nose and ears bled.

That would be freaking awesome to drive.

i doubt it would be worth it; it would be extremely painful

Quote Originally Posted by junaman
    On www.fast-autos.net there's a car that can go from 0-60 in 1.2 secs and its not rocket powered.
    which car on the site??

It's a modified 180SX. If you choose cars on the right hand margin you can then choose fastest 0-60 on the top from there.
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

does anyone know the acceleration figures for Donald Campbell's Bluebird, i believe that was the worlds fastest internal combustion vehicle
    Last edited by fpv_gtho; 04-18-2004 at 09:24 PM.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by bige321786
    try http://www.au004a2814.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/miller.html for picures and description of the (jet) engine. video also.

ummm that is truly insane

Has anyone here been to see these jet cars i have and they are soo powerfull that they like shake ya and make you feel ya heart pounding it's so wick.
    320kw Ford DJR falcon
    Ford = FIRST ON RACE DAY

well i get shaken just by the trucks from standing alongside the motorway, so no doubt a jet car would stir you around
    I am the Stig

Thread Information