Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The most beautiful roadcar ever made - entries

The most beautiful roadcar ever made - entries

It's a quiet-ish Sunday and I'm bored.

What better way to get a good discussion going than with a good old vote up on a subject always close to any self-respecting car nut's heart?

So here's the deal, everyone submit a candidate you consider the most beautiful automobile made to date, we tally up the candidates after say a week, create new threads with the entries listed in a poll, and everyone vote like crazy.
    I suppose we must have a couple of rules for this game, so here they are:

- Only road-going vehicles that are or were for sale to the general public allowed for this particular contest - we can always cover non road-going cars later. In short, the car must be able to be driven on general public roads without the driver facing stiff fines or jailtime if pulled over by the authorities. Case in point: Pagani Zonda R not allowed, Porsche 911 GT1 roadcar allowed.

- Only one entry per poster.

- No concept cars.

- No 'tuned' cars.

Would be good if you could include a pic of your contender for use in the polls later on, together with any specs you can think of. Not necessary though.

So to kick things off, here's my entry, the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale:

And I know something like this has been done before, but not recently that I know of. Plus it's 2011, time for an update.

EDIT: And I forgot about the 800x600 image rule. All images to be no larger than 800x600.
    Last edited by Kooper; 02-20-2011 at 03:51 AM.

I support that entry.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I give you:
    The Goddess:
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

1938 Talbot T150C SS Gotte d'Eau by Figoni et Falaschi.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Citroen DS and Figoni et Falaschi, things have become interesting very quickly!
    I remember first learning of the Figoni after reading about the Rinspeed Yello Talbo.

The contenders so far:

Alfa 33 Stradale
    Citroën DS
    Figoni et Falaschi

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    Citroen DS and Figoni et Falaschi, things have become interesting very quickly!
    I remember first learning of the Figoni after reading about the Rinspeed Yello Talbo.

The contenders so far:

Alfa 33 Stradale
    Citroën DS
    Figoni et Falaschi
    Please keep in kind that all Goutes d'Eaux were slightly dissimilar. And that the bodies on the Talbot chassis are the ones to go for.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Ferrari Dino

Attached Images Attached Images
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Please keep in kind that all Goutes d'Eaux were slightly dissimilar. And that the bodies on the Talbot chassis are the ones to go for.
    Thanks Henk, more input like this as we go along will be appreciated

Ferrari Dino added to the list, nice one Matra.

Update on entries so far:

33 Stradale
    DS
    Figoni et Falaschi
    Dino

Near the middle of the middle of middle England.
    Mmmm, I'm thinking this is a bit of a looker too.

Ferrari 250 California
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Buying a car and not driving it is like buying a meal and not eating it.

"Oh sh*t, we're going..25!!" - A dear friend of mine.

This thread certainly cannot miss the beautiful Cisitalia 202 SC Pininfarina Coupé.

1947 - 1952 Cisitalia 202 SC Pinin Farina Coupe - Images, Specifications and Information

Probably the Alfa 8C Competizione and Aston's DB7.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

My favorite car, 1939 Delahaye T165

Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

"The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

We're getting quite a list together so far.

250 California, Cisitalia 202 SC, Delahaye T165 and 250 GT Pinin Farina added.

Not too sure how we're going to work the Ferrari 250s, do we group both the 250 California and 250 GT Pinin Farina under the same voting option or each separately? Either way should be fine I think, but how does everyone else feel? EDIT: Henk, would you make the call if you don't mind?

Also, I'm sure both will be nominated again, but if you'd have to choose between the 8C and DB7, which would it be Roentgen (difficult task I know)?

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    We're getting quite a list together so far.

250 California, Cisitalia 202 SC, Delahaye T165 and 250 GT Pinin Farina added.

Not too sure how we're going to work the Ferrari 250s, do we group both the 250 California and 250 GT Pinin Farina under the same voting option or each separately? Either way should be fine I think, but how does everyone else feel? EDIT: Henk, would you make the call if you don't mind?

Also, I'm sure both will be nominated again, but if you'd have to choose between the 8C and DB7, which would it be Roentgen (difficult task I know)?
    LWB Cabriolet and SWB California are two distinctly different cars.

Thread Information