Thread: I Just got $5000 in Scholarships

I Just got $5000 in Scholarships

I just went to Skills USA regional competition today and came back with a gold medal and a scholarship to Lincoln Tech in East Windsor CT. They offer courses in Motorcycles, Automotive Technology, Diesel, and Welding, and I can't quite decide between which right now. I plan on going over the coming summer. I have a chance to win more money in a couple months so with luck I will have enough for a full course. Of course, I will have to break up my courses so I have time between that and my senior year of high school, but I can work it out. I'm waiting for more info to arrive in the mail before I make a final decision.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

congrats
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Well done and keep us posted. I remember Jay Leno writing once in an Octane column, that he was really concerned about the lack of skills tought to young car mechanics (only changing electronic boxes is not really an art). So that might be something to persue further.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Congratulations! I figured you were older than a high schooler due to your writing and knowledge, heheh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Congratulations! I figured you were older than a high schooler due to your writing and knowledge, heheh.
    Well, hell I'm on UCP for a reason!

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Well done and keep us posted. I remember Jay Leno writing once in an Octane column, that he was really concerned about the lack of skills tought to young car mechanics (only changing electronic boxes is not really an art). So that might be something to persue further.
    I've read that same article. And he has quite a point. He should team up with Mike Rowe to promote the tech schools. Tech schools are coming under alot of flack because of wrongful stereotypes that won't die about tech schools. Mike went in front of Congress to discuss tech schools, as their are quite a few politicians who see them as a waste of money. If i can find a link to his speech I will post it here.
    Jimi Hendrix

Heres that link:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h_pp8CHEQ0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h_pp8CHEQ0[/ame]
    Jimi Hendrix

Thread Information