Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: whats the smallest american V8?

Doh Buick made a 215.5 ci aluminum v8 sometime in the 50's (3.5L)

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by StorM
    Doh Buick made a 215.5 ci aluminum v8 sometime in the 50's (3.5L)
    That was in the 60's, i'm also under the impression that that's it, but somehow I also feel like we're forgetting one...
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    That was in the 60's, i'm also under the impression that that's it, but somehow I also feel like we're forgetting one...
    As this engine was considered to be too small and too expensive its career would have been very short, were it not for the Rover engineers, who bought and it and imprved the desgin further for a long lasting career in many British built cars. Only with the demise of the Morgan plus8 last year its production finally ended.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by gow589
    that surely must be the winner of this contest
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 11-10-2004 at 08:12 PM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by silver sho
    1999 ford taurus SHO is a YAMAHA Built 235 horsepower 3.4 L DOHC V-8. Not a 3.8L!
    I think the original Taurus SHO used a Yamaha built 3.0 V6(220 hp). The 3.4L versions in the newer Taurus was Yamaha designed and Ford built.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Oh man, those things are awesome

A few years back, I almost convinced my shop teacher to order one of those... unfortunately they're ridiculously expensive

There's one 1/4 scale Viper engine on there somewhere too... unfortunately you could buy 5 or 6 used Viper RT/10s for the price of it

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Oh man, those things are awesome

A few years back, I almost convinced my shop teacher to order one of those... unfortunately they're ridiculously expensive

There's one 1/4 scale Viper engine on there somewhere too... unfortunately you could buy 5 or 6 used Viper RT/10s for the price of it
    I'd love to see one run. I wonder whatnit sounds like.

I'd love to see one run. I wonder whatnit sounds like.
    Just follow the link already posted to http://www.conleyprecision.com/webhigh.rm

The "cobra-cam" is brilliant
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Well hers one my old man was looking at...you can buy the kits or make them from the instructions on the sight (he told me i think....) and you can also Down load movies of a working one pretty good sound for something so small. www.nvbackflow.com

As far as the SHO engine goes, it was different in that it was a 60 degree V8, and an updated and enlarged version is now being used in the Volvo SUV.

A Super Truck Sponsered by Tonka has a 14L TurboDeisel 6 cylinder made by Detroit Diesel. The 250 GTO had a 2.9L V-12.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    Sorry, this is out of the topic, I was just thinking about it and if the Viper's engine would be an 8, 6 or 4 cylinder it would be:

8 = 6.6L

6 = 5.0L

4 = 3.3L

So i guess they didnt give the SRT-4 its fare share. If you think about the 3.3 in the neon.... It would haul ass. 3.3L.... about 290hp.... and about almost 320ft/lbs of tq!!!! That would be amazing.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

new at this

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Ummmmm The displacement of these engines is 221 and 215 the physical size of these engines is the same as anyother windsor block in the case of the 221 (this does not include the 351 which had a bigger deck height) and the 215 is made from the origonal tooling of what became the rover all alloy v8....So im talking about displacement im sorry to tell you...

I know this is an old thread but I have a question if anyone is still out there watching. How does the 215 compare in size and weight to the Ford 289 or 302?

Thread Information