Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dauer Porsche 962 LM

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    7 cars were bought later by the dauer and they put a decect interior, including another seat, leather trim and a/c. still it was doing 403 km/h (407km/h, depends on the source)
    and they sold tjem as a common road legal car
    I know they were turned into road cars, but the road car and the race car aren't very mechanically different. I meant its a thinly desguised race car with a nice paint job and suitable interior making it seem to be a road car, but its a total race car in every sense.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

Quote Originally Posted by "Clevor" Angel
    I know they were turned into road cars, but the road car and the race car aren't very mechanically different. I meant its a thinly desguised race car with a nice paint job and suitable interior making it seem to be a road car, but its a total race car in every sense.
    If its produced to be registered and you can drive it on the road, its a road car. End of story. It may also be a race car, but that doesn't change anything

Quote Originally Posted by jb_f1gp
    There is a discussion going on at racingflix.com about a 1,000 horsepower Nissan Skyline GTR capable of demolishing a Dauer Porsche 962 LM. Is this possible, I thought that a 962 would be faster because of it's lightweight and having more aerodynamic downforce. What's your opinion?

Jason
    ignore them, the people who post there are 99% idiots, M3 fanboys or dickheads

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    ignore them, the people who post there are 99% idiots, M3 fanboys or dickheads
    And Skyline fanboys

I'm thinking :
    can a Enzo beat a 962 in a race ?
    John Buffum was the man.

UCP's most violent member; a lump of destructive energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    If its produced to be registered and you can drive it on the road, its a road car. End of story. It may also be a race car, but that doesn't change anything
    You came off a little hostile there. They only make 1 or 2 road cars a year, the Dauer is built by a former 962 racer, has the same engine as the racer, has the same gearbox as the racer, weighs 1030kg, 0-60 in 2.6 seconds, top speed of 252mph(407kmh), and has the same suspension out of the race car. All I was saying is the 962 is MORE a racer than road car.
    Last edited by "Clevor" Angel; 11-04-2005 at 01:37 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

The 962 can DESTROY any road car on this planet.
    No way a 4-door sedan can beat it.
    John Buffum was the man.

UCP's most violent member; a lump of destructive energy.

Quote Originally Posted by "Clevor" Angel
    You came off a little hostile there. They only make 1 or 2 road cars a year, the Dauer is built by a former 962 racer, has the same engine as the racer, has the same gearbox as the racer, weighs 1030kg, 0-60 in 2.6 seconds, top speed of 252mph(407kmh), and has the same suspension out of the race car. All I was saying is the 962 is MORE a racer than road car.

Ford ran the Ford Fiesta cup.
    Renault run the Clio cup.
    Does that make all the road going version RACE CARS ??
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine

Ford ran the Ford Fiesta cup.
    Renault run the Clio cup.
    Does that make all the road going version RACE CARS ??
    I don't know anything about Renault or the Fiesta, but if the cars use the same engines, suspension, and have the same or at least comprable performance then yes, they're more race cars than road cars. The same goes for cars like the Cobra R, the 289 shelby cobras, the challenge stradale ferraris and other such cars.

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Quote Originally Posted by sunk
    I'm thinking :

IMHO it depends on the course... I think if it is a wide open course with fast corners: forget about the Enzo. If it is a nice little course with many hairpins and stuff I think it would become a close battle between them.
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Quote Originally Posted by sunk
    I'm thinking :
    no way
    at least i don't think so
    the 1000hp skyline sounds like BS

I have always been fascinated by the Dauer and Schuppan cars, it was like the logican extension of the race 962, though available to only a few. BTW if you all want to see something really cute, go to Car and Driver's web site, and up at the search bat type in "Periodic Table" (no quotes) to see and download their "The Periodic Table of Sports Cars". It's hilarious, some of the cues in the element names are really obscure but funny.

Thread Information