Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bugatti Veyron

11 23.40%
  • Ferrari FXX

36 76.60%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FXX vs Veyron

fxx no doubt about. better comparo is enzo CGT and Veyron and maybe throw a zonda in or koensigg. those cars
    Last edited by coolieman1220; 01-14-2006 at 06:05 PM.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

this isnt a fair comparison atall..

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    The Veyron is a luxury performer- it's made to cruise and straightline speed. Even if it had handling it's so heavy it's not going to handle. The FXX would run circles around it.

Actually the Veyron is referred to as the elise´s big brother.. its quick on the straights and twisties. Some say it could even challenge a modern F1 car... but thats just what they say.
    "In UCP I TRUST".

Carrying more than a 1,000 pounds more weight I think the Veyron will be at a disadvantage. Especially after a few laps when its cooked its brakes. FXX will win on anything but the fastest tracks, tracks which don't required regular braking.

**The Veyron will however win in a LA to Vegas run.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

A diesel Lupo would beat them both in an LA to Vegas run since it won't have to stop at every petrol station.

The Nordschleife is a fast circuit, but the Veyron won't have the advantage because its 30 odd mph top speed over the FXX will be unobtainable on such a "short" straight.

The corners, not straights, are what matters at the Nordschleife, and on grippy slicks with a racing suspension set up, the Veyron doesn't stand a chance.
    Thanks for all the fish

i reckon it'd be a close one, but i'd give it to the FXX, mostly down to its tyres and suspension being designed for the track not the road. But every review of the Veyron has praised its handling, so I reckon it'd be close, maybe a case of the Veyron getting away on the straights and the FXX getting ahead in the bends and under brakes. Also, I think the Veyron driver would have a much better time, esp. with AWD, than the FXX driver

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    maybe a case of the Veyron getting away on the straights and the FXX getting ahead in the bends and under brakes. Also, I think the Veyron driver would have a much better time, esp. with AWD, than the FXX driver
    I doubt that the Veyron, on road tyres, has much of an advantage over the FXX under acceleration, bearing in mind that the FXX is on slicks and is much, much, much lighter, and it will also be carrying a higher corner-exit speed.

So the advantage on the straights isn't much.

I suspect that with nearly 2.5tonnes to hustle through numerous high speed corners and repeated heavy braking the tyres and brakes would begin to fade quite rapidly as well on the Veyron.
    Thanks for all the fish

bugatti..

Quote Originally Posted by scientific
    bugatti..
    thanks for the input senor vague
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

the veyrons so called Speed adavantage dosn't apply here. the car will only go to 220 somthing mph until you Stop the car put another key in some slot turn it then drive. but once your in top speed mode if you turn the car it will revert back to its normal mode allowing it to again only go 220 somthing mph

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    the veyrons so called Speed adavantage dosn't apply here. the car will only go to 220 somthing mph until you Stop the car put another key in some slot turn it then drive. but once your in top speed mode if you turn the car it will revert back to its normal mode allowing it to again only go 220 somthing mph
    oh yeah, forgot i heard that in c/d good call.
    but yeah the veyron only goes to 230 in handling mode and is the default when u use the breaks or apply a decent amount of steering input when in topspeed mode

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

Where in the hell are you gonna use that to speed. That cars stupid and I think many buyers will probably get hurt or killed because the car is just to fast.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

so they veyron basically would have no chance on anything but a huge oval since it
    A: won't have a much higher top speed
    B: wouldn't be able to keep up in the twisties, regardless of how clarkson said it handles
    C: is too heavy and unprepard for the type of track work the fxx was designed for

-Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    Where in the hell are you gonna use that to speed. That cars stupid and I think many buyers will probably get hurt or killed because the car is just to fast.
    c/d did say it was very twitchy/scary at 250 and felt almost like it was uncontrollable

someone is gonna die in that car because its top speed has been hyped so much that every one that gets one will want to test it and someone who is a better talker than driver will hit a tree at 200+ mph
    then the veyron will have another record. highest crash speed for a production car
    vw is playing with fire on this one
    Last edited by jump15vc; 01-16-2006 at 10:29 AM.

-Kenny Powers

Thread Information