Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

I swear by the Vito. It holds 65 litres of fuel and my average fuel consumption (town driving) is around 750-780km. On a trip with about 1,000kg of load on the highway I achieved 900km to the tank (65litres) and it is no slug. It accelerates as good as any petrol van I have driven. The model I have is a 112.

Quote Originally Posted by revetec View Post
    I swear by the Vito. It holds 65 litres of fuel and my average fuel consumption (town driving) is around 750-780km. On a trip with about 1,000kg of load on the highway I achieved 900km to the tank (65litres) and it is no slug. It accelerates as good as any petrol van I have driven. The model I have is a 112.

Bet you didn't do any of that by revving it to 6000RPM
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

hahahha! Of course not. It sat on about 2,000rpm.

Mercedes Vito 112

Still with the ability to rev that high you should be able to get very good gains (power wise) if a slightly larger turbo was installed along with either secondary injectors or larger injectors...
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it

No. Torque dramatically drops off so at higher revs the power is weaker. Maximum torque is at only 2,400rpm

No. Torque dramatically drops off so at higher revs the power is weaker. Maximum torque is at only 2,400rpm
    Hence why I said you would need a bigger turbo and injectors to pump the torque up at higher revs.

The 112 has a pretty big turbo, a lot bigger than the 107. I don't know the actual specs and pressure used though. That info is hard to find.

The new vito 120 is a V6 3 litre diesel with a multi-stage turbocharger and intercooled. This engine produces 150kW@3,800rpm and 440Nm@1,600-2,400rpm.

The vito 115 is a 4 cylinder with a bore of 88m and a stroke of 88.3mm which is almost square.

The 112 has a pretty big turbo, a lot bigger than the 107. I don't know the actual specs and pressure used though. That info is hard to find.
    Well for diesel tuning you almost always need a bigger turbo unless you don't mind black smoke pouring from your exhaust...

Quote Originally Posted by revetec
    The vito 115 is a 4 cylinder with a bore of 88m and a stroke of 88.3mm which is almost square.
    Almost but not quite, there is probably a few diesel engines out there that are over square. Still 88.3mm is a pretty long stroke for a I4. Most petrol I4s use 86mm or less.

Well a normal run of the mill Toyota Camry I4 has a stroke of 96mm, which is a very common car.

Well a normal run of the mill Toyota Camry I4 has a stroke of 96mm, which is a very common car.
    You are talking about the brand new 2AZ-FE(FXE) engines...

They are large 2.4L displacement engines...

THe majority of I4s between 1.3L and 2L have strokes of 86mm or less. Toyota seems to like long stroke engines (they have made quite a few). Still the vast majority is 86mm or less.

For example all Honda K20 engines have an 86mm stroke...
    Last edited by hightower99; 03-03-2008 at 03:37 PM.

That's because the majority of I4's are quite small in capacity. You made it sound like it was not common, and probably the most common vehicle on the road in the world has a longer stroke.

That's because the majority of I4's are quite small in capacity. You made it sound like it was not common, and probably the most common vehicle on the road in the world has a longer stroke.
    I would have thought that Honda civics are alittle more common than Toyota Camrys (especially when you are using specs from the brand new camry).

Check out this article

Camry World Record Sales

Check out this article

Camry World Record Sales
    That article is about toyota's global production...

not Camry sales...

I'm trying to find out the sales of both cars now

Thread Information