Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Henney Kilowatt

hello, im in 9th grade and this year i bought a henney kilowatt from a man that bought it from my uncle. i wouldn't have bought it , but my great great uncle owned it 30 or 40 odd years ago. he owned a museum where he bought cars and preserved them for histories sake, and developed quite a collection over time.

He also used this car as his town car (because its not very practical otherwise). Over a period of time he put over 13000 miles on it (quite impressive). When my uncle was old and came under some tough times, he sold the car to my uncle, who originally envisioned it as a present for his wife (she didn't like it, lol).

So, after replacing all the batteries with new ones, (it was the early 80's) he was down about $1700. After driving the car around only a few times and putting it in 1 parade, he parked it in the back of our dusty cat-filled shop and let it ROT!! sorry.. little freak-out their.

So in the early 2000's, he sold it to a man who had relation to an uncle on the other side of my family. An odd coincedence, i suppose. Who buys and sells scrap metal. I don't know what he was thinking to do with it, but i sure wasn't going to take the chance of it being smashed. So i proposed to buy it from him, and for debts im going to work off for a few years, it was mine.

So now i shall restore it over the winter and hopefully have it pretty and driveable (yes that's a real word, look it up) by the spring. could someone help me add images from my desktop to share with the community?? thanks.

P.S. I don't mean to argue, but by the information i've gathered, the 1960 model has 12 6v batteries and the 1959 model has 18 2v batteries.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by keviox; 08-20-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keviox View Post
    So now i shall restore it over the winter and hopefully have it pretty and driveable (yes that's a real word, look it up) by the spring. could someone help me add images from my desktop to share with the community?? thanks.
    To add pictures, on the "Post Reply" screen (can't do it from quick reply) scroll down to "Manage Attachments" from there it's an easy browse and enter them.

their, got the pictures up, sorry about the glare in the dash picture. Notice that the company that bought it (the potomac edison co.) custom-painted it. i think it's really awesome and i regret looking it over as trash when i was younger. (me and my siblings had actually pushed the roof in while walking on top of it.)

could someone clarify the emblem on the steering wheel. from what i've seen it's the same design, but with an eagle?? in the center, and its a different color.

thanks again and thanks to sciondriver for helping me post them.

Thread Information