Thread: BMW 335i race car in South Africa

BMW 335i race car in South Africa

A brand new BMW 335i (F30) equipped with BMW Performance parts has been unveiled as a race car for the first time in South Africa.

BMW South Africa in conjunction with ADF Motorsport will compete for the first time in the local production car championship, the Wesbank Super Series race meeting, at Killarney in Cape Town on 31 March 2012 and then at the 2012 Nurburgring 24-hour race later this year.

Weighing just over 1,360 kg (2,998 lbs) the BMW 335i race car maintains the same 3.0-liter inline six-cylinder TwinPower Turbo engine with the standard internal parts. However, all modifications, which include various BMW M Performance parts, feature a new engine management system, exhaust system and turbocharger alterations according to race regulations.

More specifically, a MoTeC engine control unit is used making the 335i the first in the world to run direct injection on a production based race car. Also, the turbo system has been dialed to run lower boost (maximum 0.7 bar) and a 40mm restrictor on the turbo inlet. Despite this restriction, the engine still produces more than 408 HP (300 kW / 402 bhp) and 600 Nm (443 lb-ft) of torque compared to the standard specs of 306 PS (225 kW / 302 hp) and 400 Nm (295 lb-ft).

Other racing enhancements include 370mm M-performance front disk brakes, 18 inch BBS wheels, Akrapovic exhaust system and a GPS data logging system.

ADF Motorsport built the 335i race car in just over six weeks at a cost of R2-million ($260,000).
    I dont really understand what the big deal is about this car. The SA Production Car Championship have been around for years and years and BMW have also been racing there for years and years
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current - 2005 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS
    Current - 1998 Honda Civic 160i Luxline

I agree with you Mugen, and BMW is one of the best race car.

This production car series is very exciting. What's great is that all cars look exactly like their road going versions. This is the first F30 3 Series racing car in the world.

racing blogs

Quote Originally Posted by cruzangv View Post
    This production car series is very exciting. What's great is that all cars look exactly like their road going versions. This is the first F30 3 Series racing car in the world.

racing blogs
    welcome, can you please be more specific with the link you want to post? If not we will remove it.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by cruzangv View Post

racing blogs
    Yes that probably the only reason why such a big fuss is being made about it
    Current - 2005 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS
    Current - 1998 Honda Civic 160i Luxline

BMW is known as one of the best reputed brand all over the world.BMW is one of the best super cars brand,and335i (F30) is great super car.You have seen this race?

Thread Information