Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: $2,500 Tata Nano Unveiled - India's "The Peoples Car"

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Aren't you a mod?
    no...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Henks too important to be a mere mod..

This car will be a great opportunity for many of the Indian people to get there hands on their first car. I think its an excellent idea. There is the possibility for those with low income jobs in India to now be able to afford a car and commute to a job with higher wages, thus benefiting their families. I love the idea and I hope it helps a lot of people there.

Also in regard to the "luxuries" of this car. The owners of this car will not be concerned with the options, thats why they're buying a 2500 dollar car. The car is simply a mode of transportation and thats it. It may seem outrageous to those of us who fear loss of AC would result in death, but I'm sure the Indian people will have no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007 View Post
    This car will be a great opportunity for many of the Indian people to get there hands on their first car. I think its an excellent idea. There is the possibility for those with low income jobs in India to now be able to afford a car and commute to a job with higher wages, thus benefiting their families. I love the idea and I hope it helps a lot of people there.

Also in regard to the "luxuries" of this car. The owners of this car will not be concerned with the options, thats why they're buying a 2500 dollar car. The car is simply a mode of transportation and thats it. It may seem outrageous to those of us who fear loss of AC would result in death, but I'm sure the Indian people will have no complaints.
    Is this car efficient? I know it can't be that fuel thirsty with that 2 cylinder, but did they make it efficient, or did they just find some random engine and stick it in there? If it isn't, then it would be a problem, since almost everyone in India is going to be driving one.

Also, fuel prices will inevitably be higher for all of us, since China and India are also going to have increased demands for fuel.

Yeah, these basic cars are the ones that wind up lasting forever because there's nothing to go wrong with. Case in point- my family owns a 1983 Accord. It has no power windows, locks, or fuel injection. My father still drives it though. It does have power steering and it's still running like a dream. Strange enough, I know of an Accord of the same model that has leather, a moonroof, and power windows and locks. Unfortunately, a retard crashed into it while it was parked. Another Accord bites the dust.

That car is awesome. I love it to death.
    You need to look at older cars more. They have had huge differences between base models and high end models for decades.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    You need to look at older cars more. They have had huge differences between base models and high end models for decades.
    Not sure if normal Accords back in the 80's had higher trim. My father knew the guy with the special Accord and I've been in it too. There was a special plaque in the car with the guy's name on it. I think it was a special edition. It's been a while since I've been in the car, but I don't think Accords with power windows and such ever rolled off the production line often here in America. It also had leather.

But you're right, I should research it. Too lazy now though.

Not sure if normal Accords back in the 80's had higher trim. My father knew the guy with the special Accord and I've been in it too. There was a special plaque in the car with the guy's name on it. I think it was a special edition. It's been a while since I've been in the car, but I don't think Accords with power windows and such ever rolled off the production line often here in America. It also had leather.

But you're right, I should research it. Too lazy now though.
    Stop being lazy.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    Stop being lazy.
    There was a reason for me putting it off- I was watching Bullitt.

Is this car efficient? I know it can't be that fuel thirsty with that 2 cylinder, but did they make it efficient, or did they just find some random engine and stick it in there? If it isn't, then it would be a problem, since almost everyone in India is going to be driving one.

Also, fuel prices will inevitably be higher for all of us, since China and India are also going to have increased demands for fuel.
    They say 54 MPG...
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not."

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    They say 54 MPG...
    .. which is a tad better than what those millions upon millions of typical US pickups get, eg

Nevertheless all these 'wannabee' Indian motorists are non-westerners and especially non-americans and thus are completely undeserving and untitled to our oil. How dare they wish to enjoy even a semblance of our rights to 1st world christian mobility

Easy to see why those environmental motorists are up in arms. Jesus!

you don't understand nota, they need their pickups to fetch groceries from the local walmart and bring it back to their suburban home
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    They say 54 MPG...

With 624cc it couldn't be especially thirsty...

Still for such a small engine an car it's not especially amazing.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    it'd be pretty simple though, with that price, so it kinda figures..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    With 624cc it couldn't be especially thirsty...

That's about what the Honda Shadow 583cc I had for about a month got (averaged around 58-60mpg). Also with only 4 speeds, it much preferred to be revved out in each gear, so it wasn't particularly thrifty for its weight or displacement.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    That's about what the Honda Shadow 583cc I had for about a month got (averaged around 58-60mpg). Also with only 4 speeds, it much preferred to be revved out in each gear, so it wasn't particularly thrifty for its weight or displacement.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a bike?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information