Thread: Alfa Romeo Challenge Zolder 2011

newsgroupar Guest

Alfa Romeo Challenge Zolder 2011

Ciao Amici,

the Alfa Romeo Challenge was present at the Zolder Race Festival last weekend. I've just uploaded onboards of my qualifying to YouTube:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2m0Ng8KeU8&hd=1"]Alfa Romeo Challenge 2011 Zolder Qualifying [/ame]

Cheers

Remco

nice, was it the same car you were catching towards the end, that overtook you in the beginning? Some overrevving at 3.14 during downshifting?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

newsgroupar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    nice, was it the same car you were catching towards the end, that overtook you in the beginning? Some overrevving at 3.14 during downshifting?
    Yes, was the same car, a GTV6 with 3.0 V6, so I was slightly surprised I was able to catchup with him. Over-revving a little bit, but still below the 8500rpm, so no problem for the engine fortunately.

Nice driving there mate, smooth and consistant. I always liked that track when playing GT Legends, I wish it was in more games. I'd love to drive it one day.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I agree, Zolder is one of those tracks that seems like it goes somewhere.

Nice and smooth, Remco. Is the class you run the 156 in similar to our SCCA SSB or C (showroom stock)?
    Nice looking car BTW, love the paint scheme!
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

newsgroupar Guest
    I don't know the SCCA regulations but I'm competing in the M2000 class. The regulations can be found on http://www.alfaromeochallenge.eu/. But as my car is a works Alfa 156 Gruppo N Olanda, specially built by Fiat Corse for the Dutch Alfa 156 Challenge, I need to comply with the original Cup-specifications.

Quote Originally Posted by newsgroupar View Post
    I don't know the SCCA regulations but I'm competing in the M2000 class. The regulations can be found on http://www.alfaromeochallenge.eu/. But as my car is a works Alfa 156 Gruppo N Olanda, specially built by Fiat Corse for the Dutch Alfa 156 Challenge, I need to comply with the original Cup-specifications.
    why was the lonely 323i allowed to participate?????
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Nice car and pics to. Thanks for sharing with us.

nice video, unfortunately we've not been able to go to Dijon this year, and dad lost second gear at last race, so he's also out for Le Mans in July

Quote Originally Posted by forza_autodelta View Post
    nice video, unfortunately we've not been able to go to Dijon this year, and dad lost second gear at last race, so he's also out for Le Mans in July
    I am sure, that if he searches carefully, he will find it again....

newsgroupar Guest
    As JS-Racing we will be present at Le Mans with at least 2x 75s and 1x 156 (the above one) and will facilitate some other drivers. Already preparing for this event. Never drove there with the Alfa Challenge. So for us it's a new circuit to learn. Cool

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I am sure, that if he searches carefully, he will find it again....
    you can see my English is still poor

newsgroupar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by grey View Post
    hey there what is that car infront of the alfa romeo? that is really fast. just look at the gap, alfa cannot even get close to it. but win or lose i still love alfa romeo! especially the engine sound when it is revving up! cheers!
    All cars (except a lonely BMW) are Alfa's, divided in several subclasses. The 1st one overtaking me (red with some yellow) is the Alfa 75 from Mark Roffelsen (3.0 V6 >300 hp and weighing less dan 1000 kg). He's competing in the Modified Plus, where I am competing in the Modified 2000 with only a 2.0 TS 180HP engine and a car weighing above 1150kg.
    The 2nd one (white/red) is a GTV6 with 3.0 V6. Same story as above. As you can see (at the end) I can fairly keep up with this last one. So personally I think that's not really bad driving of mine

Thread Information