Thread: Art & Tech Sogna

Art & Tech Sogna

Slightly strange translated text (from Polish by Google you see), but at least now I can understand it.

In 1990, Honda started the production of the Honda NSX. Today being one of the first supercars from Japan. Almost parallel to the NSX, Art & Tech started developing another vehicle with the same concept, using Japanese production and European-based technology. In contrast to the NSX, which has made a great career, the vehicle referred to is lost in the depths of oblivion. Therefore, all the more worth to recall it!

The first impulse that started the sequence of events leading to the formation of a dream car is 13-year-old Ryoji Yamazaki'ego. Teenage dream to meet started in 1989 in which 41-year-old Yamazaki then founded his own studio, Art & Tech (previously trudnił among other things, imports cars from Europe and also studied at the School of Design and worked in Tokyo, Kyoto University). The first work of the Japanese did not, however, arose in the home country, but in the branch located in one of the most inspiring cities when it comes to this kind of activity - in Turin.

The car shown at the Geneva salon in March 1991 with the announcement of entry to a limited production for two or three years at a price of ... 1.6 million U.S. dollars per unit! Yamazaki christened Sogna the project name, which in Italian means "dream dreams". Today this coupe may not look like such a dream - it had his time and you can see that the vehicle still has its roots in the eighties. Front and rear look a bit like the two cars combined. Such a solution allows to obtain not only interesting but extremely aggressive look. Pugnacious back from double-sloping eyes haunted additional four exhaust pipes with internal grilles painted in red. Glass dome suspended so would act as a rear-view mirror and the image would be transmitted through the windshield display. The entire roof dome is glazed surface, which is equivalent to a line at the door that goes into metallic bonnet. There is no rear window.

The vehicle was constructed on the basis of Lamborghini Countach, a model which uses the scissor doors. The entire body has been made of aluminum. The engine is centrally located and has a displacement of 5.2 liters, generating 455 HP. The car could reach a maximum speed of 300 km/h. A production version should reach 325 km/h. Power was transferred through a five-speed gearbox to the the rear axle.

Double prototype had completed the interior, which announced Yamazaki as unique in the world. Similarly, it would be from moving car - Sogna devoid of unnecessary electronics and the latest achievements of technology was to create unity with the driver offering by the unusual and extraordinary experience of driving pleasure.

Production version was based on modified components from Lamborghini, but were counted as the engine of the two other, unspecified known, and European manufacturers. A fully functional prototype was completed and appear on the German trade fair in Essen in December and the vehicle was to be produced on the European continent. Account is taken of the three countries: Italy, Germany and the United Kingdom. The dream of a teenager is not attained, however, the ultimate fulfillment (Sogna was only one or two copies of the prototype) and the studio, Art & Tech showed even in the same year the futuristic concept of the local 4-coupe Vera... After that, nothing was heard from them anymore.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
    at a price of ... 1.6 million U.S. dollars per unit!
    I can see why it didn't catch on.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Near the middle of the middle of middle England.
    For God's sake, 1.6 million dollars for something that looks like a badly painted rock?

Although it's strangely appealing.
    Buying a car and not driving it is like buying a meal and not eating it.

"Oh sh*t, we're going..25!!" - A dear friend of mine.

btw, "sogna" means just "dreams" (verb).
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    btw, "sogna" means just "dreams" (verb).
    I am not surprised. Reading through the article a few awkward sentences go by, like said blame it on Google translation

I am not surprised. Reading through the article a few awkward sentences go by, like said blame it on Google translation
    I'm used to some Dutch and Chinese translations trough Google, this was quite good actually compared to those
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Slightly strange translated text (from Polish by Google you see).
    Looks like it's from my site.

Sogna is at the moment listed for sale at Enmann Corporation from Moriguchi-City Osaka: www.enman.co.jp
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ecnelis; 12-11-2009 at 01:50 PM.

The supercar market had a really big downturn in the late 80's early 90's, I'm not surprised they're not around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecnelis View Post
    Looks like it's from my site.
    Woops, and I did not even mention the source Ah well. It was some interesting information about this forgotten car, so credits go to you.

Thread Information