Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boss v Shelby. Finesse or brute force?

Boss v Shelby. Finesse or brute force?

This week the new 200mph Shelby Mustang GT 500 has been introduced. It's the most powerful, fastest production Mustang available from the factory and that got me thinking, which one do you prefer, the finely honed, focused Boss 302 or the no holds barred, brutal Shelby GT 500?

Brains or muscle?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

i've always preferred the boss 302, it even looks leaner and cleaner.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I'd take the Boss too.. can use handling more often than 650bhp.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Boss for me too.

GT500, at the end of the day, this is a muscle car that wants you to go as fast as you can in a straight line and just put down rubber.

even though the boss is "finely" tuned i will disagree because it is not really fast in the corners. it corners well but now that great. people compared the M3 to the Boss, on a short track the M3 would win cause it corners better, the boss has more acceleration.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Either way you look at it the Shelby will win no matter what. Even tho the Boss handles better, it's a 200 hp underdog and has a worse power to weight ratio. It'll be better on a figure 8 track and that's about it, the power of the Shelby is too much to match up against. I'm takin the Shelby

It's analogous to choosing between a 911 GT3 or turbo. If I have to have ONLY one car I would take the Shelby, if I had more than one car, I would take the Boss 302 with the Recaro and LSD.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

the shelby would shit me. nothing worse than having that much power and never being able to get it to the ground when i want it.
    the boss would be far more fun to wring out.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Boss for me. I've driven neither (last Mustang I drove was a 2005 GT). Either way, lighter, hardly under powered and doesn't have Shelby's name on it.

It'll be better on a figure 8 track and that's about it, the power of the Shelby is too much to match up against. I'm takin the Shelby
    Last edited by csl177; 11-20-2011 at 10:26 PM. Reason: removed spam in signature

I like the insanity of the Shelby.The boss just looks like a normal Mustang with some pictures on it.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

I'm sorry, but i do not believe in a Mustang with finesse. That car will never have the true finesse to be fast on a track day, so therefor it will always be the most powerful for me, ei. the Shelby.
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

I'm not decided yet, really. The wise choice is the Boss, but it's hard to ignore the 650bhp 5.8 litre supercharged V8...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I love the Boss, the way it's packaged and the fact that it actually performs well on track.

With that said...there is a Shelby Super Snake that shows up at the local Cars and Coffee that is just gorgeous. Med/dark metallic blue with white stripes and red calipers. The base Snake package is 750hp but during the build they called the owner and said they had a new engine shop and could bump it up to 850hp...so he said. 'do it!'.

The Snake draws a big crowd every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brix View Post
    I'm sorry, but i do not believe in a Mustang with finesse. That car will never have the true finesse to be fast on a track day, so therefor it will always be the most powerful for me, ei. the Shelby.
    I can't speak to it personally but this suggests the car isn't bad as far as street cars go
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOwSPccbzl4&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOwSPccbzl4&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Thread Information