Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Autocar 1969] - Mercedes 300SEL 6.3 (W109)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    What if the fastest claim related to the top speed? Or the time to fill the fuel tank? Or the time to open the four windows at the same time? Or the time to lose all its value?
    Yes, what if it was?
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Hi

Hi..

I am completely agree with you that Mercedes 300SEL 6.3 was the fastest sedan of it's time. People were crazy for this car and those who can afford it bought it. This is the luxurious, stylish and dashing car of that time having 4 gears and very good handling. Engine of this car was a single valved, port-type fuel injection with full flow oil technology and breaks were vacuum equipped. Steering was not power steering but it was a semi powered steering with good grip. Overall this car was the Ferrari of today at that time.

Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by James_alex View Post
    Hi..

I am completely agree with you that Mercedes 300SEL 6.3 was the fastest sedan of it's time. People were crazy for this car and those who can afford it bought it. This is the luxurious, stylish and dashing car of that time having 4 gears and very good handling. Engine of this car was a single valved, port-type fuel injection with full flow oil technology and breaks were vacuum equipped. Steering was not power steering but it was a semi powered steering with good grip. Overall this car was the Ferrari of today at that time.

Thanks..
    I took this shot ages ago, it shows a list of rich and famous people who drove one at the time. The shot was taken in the Sinsheim Museum in Germany.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Hi

At that time only 27 people owned this car and this counting is very good according to 190's. I read their names and ti looks like that these are the richest people of that time. Hey Adams, I am really thankful to you for providing me the names of those people who had this car. I would like to have more information like this.

Thanks..

The name is not Adams, (also not Hey Adams).....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    as you probably will agree with, the 1/4 accelaration time has nothing to do with the fact how fast a car can be in normal traffic, which requires a machine that is able to keep the speed, and to slow down when needed, without cooking the brakes after 10 miles.
    But let's not dwell on this, the 6.3 is one hell of a machine, but sometimes I think the later 6.9 model, with its fully Citroen derived suspension is the more comfy and effortless car.

I`ve had the pleasure of driving both many a year ago and while both engines made plenty of power,the 6.9 litre,despite being in a heavy W116,lit up the rears with ease from standstill when the accelerator was planted....ahhh,memories.

Thread Information