Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolled a Cruiser

Jesus...sounds like a pretty heavy crash...hope you are ok man.

Hopefully you can get the 200 back onto the road as soon as possible aswell..

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    Get an insurance. Seriously. It's irresponsible to drive without it. Isn't it illegal over there ?

I'd sell it if there is any damage beyond panel damage...
    Only third party's compulsory, not any sort of comprehensive insurance.

Those LandCruiser's must be pretty easy to roll though, my brother's had a very similar accident which caused his VK SS to be deemed a right-off
    I am the Stig

If you had the accident without an insurance here, there would be a great chance of you getting into jail for a night.
    The damage seems to have affected the chassis structure. But you didn't mention it, so I guess it didn't.
    It's crazy to drive such a fast car without insurance. This time you just damaged a car. But if you hurt someone badly, imagine the situation in wich you'd be left if you had to pay for plastic surgery or something? It happened to a friend of mine with a bike. The insurance payed many thousand €'s of plastic surgery of a girl's leg.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

bet that would have never happened if you had a Tahoe or Suburban and you would of got better MPG.

But glad to hear/read that your physically OK.

Quote Originally Posted by zeta
    bet that would have never happened if you had a Tahoe or Suburban and you would of got better MPG.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    If you had the accident without an insurance here, there would be a great chance of you getting into jail for a night.
    The damage seems to have affected the chassis structure. But you didn't mention it, so I guess it didn't.
    It's crazy to drive such a fast car without insurance. This time you just damaged a car. But if you hurt someone badly, imagine the situation in wich you'd be left if you had to pay for plastic surgery or something? It happened to a friend of mine with a bike. The insurance payed many thousand €'s of plastic surgery of a girl's leg.
    For outsiders our term 'third party' can be a bit confusing because there's two types of insurances here which are generically called third party. Third Party (person) is compulsary along with annual vehicle Registration (aka road tax) and it basically covers medical costs for personal injury to anyone other than the at-fault driver himself. Those third parties seriously injured (eg rendered paraplegic) can later seek often-large compensation payouts from the insurance pool for their ongoing life expenses, and loss of potential

Third Party (property) is the optional private insurance which covers at-fault vehicles for any property damage they cause, from other cars to buildings etc. Depending on your policy it can sometimes also offer limited cover for repairs to your own vehicle (eg if you were not at fault and the at-fault party has no insurance). Its coloquially known as Bomb Insurance, as being the cheapest it usually selected for motorists who drive cheap bombs which aren't worthy of full cover. Comprehensive covers your vehicle (and anything else damaged) even if you are at fault
    Last edited by nota; 04-22-2006 at 04:54 PM.

It's too bad about the car, but nobody was hurt and that's what's important.

Count your blessings too. Imagine for a second that the Toyota was a brand new X5 or something like that. How much would that have cost?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you can't afford full coverage insurance, you can't afford the car. Drive safe y'all.
    Zag when they Zig

i wasnt going to be nearly half of what the car was worth to insure it for ONE YEAR!

the chassis is fine, anything forward of the front axle is repairable and theres no damage beyond the radiator support.

Im thinkn seeing as its off the road anyway im going to cancel its rego and get the $$ back from that and put some serious modifications into the car after i sort out the sthe other bloke.

Twin Turbo 1UZ (4L lexus V8) anyone?
    The Datto will rage again...

put an S15 front on..... but keep it 4 cylinder imo (well a 1jz would be cool...)
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    Twin Turbo 1UZ (4L lexus V8) anyone?
    Yes please, deliver it to my house

Glad to hear you're OK. Shit happens, but magracer was right, better some shitey Land Cruiser than an X5 or ML!

S15 front has been done to death... plus a very good mate of mine is doing one on his S14 so i dont want to copy. Its staying S14...

if i do go engine swaps it will either be a 1JZ or 1UZ...
    The Datto will rage again...

shit mate, sorry to see the damage done to the 200,

more mods = happy simon?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

**** so sorry to here that mate glad your OK and glad the car isn't ******.
    If Tatts comes up I'll send you the dosh for a ride.
    But at least the damage is to the part you want it to be at, Like my brothers says the fronts better then the rear as you can replace most of the front, At the rear it's cutting welding and bog it's never perfect.
    My sisters Ex hit a tree @ 80 (He lived) But looks the same type of damage but his roof was warped out and it's a right off.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

You could always go retro and stick an S12 front on

As long as it's not a write off and the bones of the vehicle are still Hokay it's alll good.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Only third party's compulsory, not any sort of comprehensive insurance.

Those LandCruiser's must be pretty easy to roll though, my brother's had a very similar accident which caused his VK SS to be deemed a right-off
    You should see how easy a Ford Explorer is to roll...

Thread Information