7 11.29%
  • Ford Supercharged 4.6

5 8.06%
  • Something else (post what)

4 6.45%
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercar Engine Poll

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    The C4B would be getting pretty expensive Slick, considering its a Callaway engine and all. You remember how the price of the GTS jumped $25K when it got the 300kw engine as opposed to te 220kw stroker
    But i would also say the extras the GTS comes with over the rest could make it $5,000+ maybe
    But it would be a great donk maybe grab a second hand one from a smashed GTS ?? Or maybe grab the parts straight from callway might be heaps cheaper.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

well if you can find the price of one from a wrecker, by all rights post it but i wouldnt be surprised if it a 5 figure engine
    I am the Stig

From a Clean sheet of paper (and engine aniliser 3.0) i made barry....also while i was off work....

12 cylenders 3.89 bore x 2.303 stroke 328 ci
    and is running a very small turbo charger 8 psi
    42 valves tiny little ports
    3.5' twins

By rights this engine should not work (as well as it looks onpaper) considering to get it working ihad to do some very strange thingswith the set up Rember I built this engine on paper so there was alot of trial and error...alsoit runs on av gas lol.

But anyways

2000 rpm 415 break tq and 158 bhp
    2500... 520 ....247

......unstable or what....the moral of the story...dont stay unemployed for too long i plays with your mind....but i had fun trying to make it work (without EA iluminiating the letters SPARK KNOCK)

Any takers maybey i could downtune son of barry

where the hell did you get that program???
    I am the Stig

Performance trends Of america...........but remberits a very expensive programm but it widely used by drag racers and bench racers (essentially to stop bench raceing but not going to a true dyno) ............and to its credit, it helped build a local HP heros engine (i still have to data on it and it did win too rember that white WB ute that won 2 years running untill its engine grenaded? and yes it did warn us....)

sheez, megotmea7, don't act like your avatar.

There was a smiley and it's clearly a funny comment.

oh and I think i DO know what a supercar and road car are so thanks for the wink

Name the American performance Supercars.
    Ford GT is about it.
    Cobra - it's an AC
    GT40 - it's a Lola
    viper, 'vette - sports car NOT 'super'
    muscle cars - too much focus on grunt
    you wanna claim VECTOR ?????
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

matra im suprised you arntpulling the spec of my engine apart im almost dissapointed...

moi ? never
    What I want to know is how you manage to get the valve train to move and what firing order ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

lmao you must have the program because there 2 of the things it doesnt cover....Theres an engieneers version ($3,000 american) that more then likly would cover that but this ones more for existing engines...that arnt rotarys or diesel....

It also has a 1988 honda f1 engine (all 1.5 litres of it) and the power delivery is very much like my own engine...and valve sizes arnt far off it either....i think i made an engine that wont even last the 160,000...and i cannot get this to work with out the turbo i loose my low down torque

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    sheez, megotmea7, don't act like your avatar.

There was a smiley and it's clearly a funny comment.

oh and I think i DO know what a supercar and road car are so thanks for the wink

Name the American performance Supercars.
    Ford GT is about it.
    Cobra - it's an AC
    GT40 - it's a Lola
    viper, 'vette - sports car NOT 'super'
    muscle cars - too much focus on grunt
    you wanna claim VECTOR ?????
    apearently you misswed my sarcasm...

but since you started why not, the cobra and GT40 both used big american V8's... and worked. the ford GT uses a smaller american V8 and it is in supercar status. the saleen S7 uses a big ass 427 and its a supercar. and the viper and vette, well thats a matter of opinion and personal definition of a 'supercar' you having a european veiwpoint sees them as big heavy tanks that NEED a big motor to pull around, and a true supercar needs to be unreliable and high reving. me, i see them as coparable to some european competiton for cheaper and still making decent track cars. but hey this has been gone over time and again so why bring it up?
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

No sarcasm and you missed the facts.
    The Cobra is a big engine stuck into an exceptionally well designed and engineered chassis/body from AC Cars of England - so it's not really American.
    The GT40 is a Lola design - that's England - and ultimately made successfel by John Wyers team - they're English too !! - so it's not really American.
    a 'supercar' needs to offer excellence in all areas. The Saleen doesn't match styling. The vette and viper dont' stack up excellence in engineering or handling capability. ( an Enzo is fine in a straight line AND twisty alps roads for example )
    I know more about American cars that you surmise in your comments
    and how did you ever equate "unreliable" with supercar ?
    "bring it up" ? Beacuse you asked if I knew what a road car was
    Jsut answering you and correcting a few misconceptions at the time ( and ensuring Slicks will come in to defend the "engineering" comment which IS contentious I know )

No sarcasm and you missed the facts.
    The Cobra is a big engine stuck into an exceptionally well designed and engineered chassis/body from AC Cars of England - so it's not really American.
    The GT40 is a Lola design - that's England - and ultimately made successfel by John Wyers team - they're English too !! - so it's not really American.
    a 'supercar' needs to offer excellence in all areas. The Saleen doesn't match styling. The vette and viper dont' stack up excellence in engineering or handling capability. ( an Enzo is fine in a straight line AND twisty alps roads for example )
    Jsut answering you and correcting a few misconceptions at the time ( and ensuring Slicks will come in to defend the "engineering" comment which IS contentious I know )

It seems youve got to know me quite well...lol

But seriously I just dont get you. First the Saleen doesnt match styling??? For starters styling is a personal opinion, IMO the Enzo is ugly, does that make it not a supercar?
    And Ill leave you with this, just tell me how the vette and viper dont "handle well" or match "engineering"? Why not explain yourself once in a while?

Tell you waht SLicks, YOU explain why a Corvette or Viper is a SUPERCAR.

NOt a great sportscar, or good sportcar or good all rounder or any other mediocrity.
    Justify them even being CONSIDERED a SUPERCAR.
    Write down all the rason with a full explanation of why it merits it.
    Go on, come on, do some work, waiting ........

never said the cobra or the GT40 per purly american, i just stated they used big amercan V8's and worked. which i get the conception around here from most people that a big american V8 will not work in a supercar, its "not good enough"

a 'supercar' needs to offer excellence in all areas.
    all areas? practicality? this whole argument it opinionated. some consider an elise a supercar others just a sports car, its fast around a track and in a strait line but its also a bare bones chassis. what is it lacking to be a supercar?

The Saleen doesn't match styling.
    id hardly expect you to use that as a point in an argument such as this, as slicks said that is PURLY opinion, many people say the S7 is beutiful, some dont, others condemn it because its got an "old school" V8 and somehow that carrys over to it being ugly. also as was said b4 the enzo is "ugly in my eyes and beutiful in say werty's. so does tht mean its not a supercar to me and is to him?

The vette and viper dont' stack up excellence in engineering or handling capability.
    define exelence of engineering. they are very well engineered. if you mean using the latest CAD carbon fiber parts/chassis and the highest revving OHC V8/V10/V12 possible then i guess your right. but is that what makes a supercar? a technological pissing contest? and handling? the vette is a very good handling car whether you choose to acknoledge it or not

an Enzo is fine in a straight line AND twisty alps roads for example
    no one is denying that, but so is a vette

never questioned your knoledge of american cars

having to change your rotors every couple thousand miles is IMO unreliable, along with many other things. a buddy of mine used to have a 355 spyder and he was scared to drive it for fear of somehing else breaking. and he got rid of it for a C5 :rollseyes:

i asked you no questions, i was being sarcastic in response to your generalization that "us americans dont know what a supercar is"

Jsut answering you and correcting a few misconceptions
    i know who made the cobra chassis. that was never a questions nor were the builders of the GT40's chassis, my point was the powerplant WAS a big american V8, and it was successful. in response to your "dont know what a supercar is" comment regarding me saying: "we have a proper engine. an unreliable, unnessesarily high reving, extreamly peaky engine is out of place on a road car. the LS1 suits it nicely"

i say this because one of our requirments is the car must run for 160km's so a superhigh revving formula one motor would be out of place since its a road car

Tell you waht SLicks, YOU explain why a Corvette or Viper is a SUPERCAR.

NOt a great sportscar, or good sportcar or good all rounder or any other mediocrity.
    Justify them even being CONSIDERED a SUPERCAR.
    Write down all the rason with a full explanation of why it merits it.
    Go on, come on, do some work, waiting ........
    what makes an enzo a supercar? or a veyron? or a mucialago?

Thread Information