Thread: Chevron B34

Chevron B34

Chevron B34

The 1976 Chevron B34 participated in the Formula Atlantic class, with a 1600 BDA engine and as Toyota 2-litre powered in Formula 3. It was quite a winner and a famous story concerns its outing at the European Championship race at the Nuerburgring. The driver contracted to do the job was Ricardo Patrese, famous right now, but at that time he had never driven an F3 before, neither had he ever been to the Ring. The race on Sunday was preceded by a race in the German championship and Patrese decided to have a go there to get some experience. He finished second. During the Championship race he went on to take the lead, but after heavy rain started he settled for third. Two weeks later he won his first race at Zandvoort.

The B34 was a very well developed single seater and the company was rewarded by being able to sell 33 examples of the car.

Shown here is a participant to the Silverstone Historics in 2005
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Chevron B34 or Chevron B43? i m confused

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy14 View Post
    Chevron B34 or Chevron B43? i m confused
    please be so kind as to stipulate the reason for your confusion. Are you aware of what a Chevron B43 is? If so why are you confused then.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information