Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiat Abarth 1000 TC

Fiat Abarth 1000 TC

Fiat Abarth 1000TC

One of the dominant cars in the 1960’s touring car champion was the Fiat Abarth 1000 TC. Basically a Fiat 600, but after having gone through Carlo Abarth’s capable hands not much more than the bodyshell was left and all parts underneath had changed. It was for instance one of the weapons of Johan Abt, now famous for its participation with the Audi TTs in the DTM. Also Dutchman Ed Swart carried home many victories.

The Abarth versions were introduced in 1960, with 850 and 1000 cc OHV engines. In its ultimate form the 1000 TCR, R standing for the “radiale” indicating at the revised valve position, the engine produced a screeming 112 BHP, allowing for a top speed of 200 kph.

Production figures are unknown, and many Fiat 600s have been turned into “original” replicas, certainly in view of the premium prices that these car now command.

Shown is a 1965 built original example, presented at the Techno-Classica in Essen in 2004. To demonstrate that it is a real car, the owner showed the official FIA homologation sheet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

two others , original or not?

OMG! It's been Daffy Duckised! WTF!?
    Before Posting Please Watch This Short Video... URL=http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Quote Originally Posted by Forever92
    OMG! It's been Daffy Duckised! WTF!?
    what do you mean??
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Well, what the hell is that crap on the front!?! It looks like they just slap on a frigging duck bill. I don't remember where but I saw pic of a stock version some where else on here and it looked fine.
    Before Posting Please Watch This Short Video... URL=http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Well, what the hell is that crap on the front!?! It looks like they just slap on a frigging duck bill. I don't remember where but I saw pic of a stock version some where else on here and it looked fine.
    that is called on oil cooler

Hmmm... that's nice.. I have one of those too yet I don't have a duck bill.

Hmmm... that's nice.. I have one of those too yet I don't have a duck bill.
    Well sent some pics if you have the opportunity. Is it a real Abarth?

I don't have an Abarth, nor would I want one if it's going to look like the above.

BTW, you guys from the new rules F1 rear wing debate... how's that function over form lookin now?
    Last edited by Forever92; 10-27-2005 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by forza_autodelta
    two others , original or not?
    This one is original for sure ! Fiat Abarth 1000 of Texaco Racing Team driven by certain Johann Abt. (3rd place in the 1st division).

great stuff...

mouarf , those two pics are wonderful , thanks , especially the one with the GTA behind

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Fiat Abarth 1000TC

Shown is a 1965 built original example, presented at the Techno-Classica in Essen in 2004. To demonstrate that it is a real car, the owner showed the official FIA homologation sheet.
    I have found one shot of the original car with that checkerboard roof - Fiat Abarth 1000 Berlina, GP Brno 1970 No.2, Scuderia Mirabella, Faraoni + Alfredo.
    Last edited by jaromull; 12-20-2005 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaromull
    I have found one shot of the original car with that checkerboard roof - Fiat Abarth 1000 Berlina, GP Brno 1970 No.2, Scuderia Mirabella, Faraoni + Alfredo.
    do you mean that this is the actual car I posted? Checkboard roofs were not uncommon..

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    do you mean that this is the actual car I posted? Checkboard roofs were not uncommon..
    Not at all. It was just the only one checkered Abarth I have found.

Thread Information