Thread: Jensen Nova

Jensen Nova

Jensen Nova

During 1966 Vignale rebodied a Jensen Interceptor and the end product emerged as the Nova. It was presented in the Geneva Motor Show in 1967 and after that the car went the way so many of these one-offs go. It was sold in 1968 to a Frenchman, and did not fare very well.

The current, French, owner acquired the car in 1983 and virtually everything was renewed, whereby for instance the old Campagnolo wheels could be reproduced as the original production pressings were still available. Many other parts had to be remade and sometimes it was really difficult to find out which part was originally fitted.

The restoration took 17 years and in 2000 the car re-emerged and won the Presidents Cup at the International Meeting of the Jensen Owners cup.

Interestingly the car has no steering steering and no air-conditioning, but windows go up and down electrically. Power supply is by a 330 BHP Chrysler V8, common for all Jensen’s at that time.

The car was shown at the Technoclassica in Essen in 2003, vut was positioned rather akwardly, so that only a quarter rear view the car is available.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Jensen Nova
    More Jensen (pics)? Perhabs Interceptor?

you may not belive it but i have a friend who's dad had been saving up for a while bought a jensen and put a lotus elise engine in it. he still has it but i dont think he drives it
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

Thread Information