Thread: Daimler DE36

Daimler DE36

The return of Daimler to the car market after WWII was marked by the arrival of two new models, one, the DB18, being an improved continuation of the pre-war car, while the other, the DE36, was completely new and was intended for the rich and famous, as well as the Royals in this part of the world. The DE36 was presented with a 5.5 litre inline 8 engine, reconnecting with the pre-war Straight Eight tradition, although this engine was a totally new development and had nothing to do with the pre-war models.
    Under the designation DE27/DH27 the chassis was also available with a 2.5 or 4 litre 6 cylinder.

Over a period of 7 years just over 300 cars were made, with bodies being supplied by Hooper, Freestone&Webb and Windover. Of these 142 were DE36, and the remaining cars six cylinders.

Shown here is a DE36 which was shown during the 2006 Concours d’Elegance at Palace Het Loo, although it did not participate. I have posted a picture with information on this particular. The website mentioned there is indeed worth visiting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Does Jaguar (which means Ford) still own Daimler?

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001
    Does Jaguar (which means Ford) still own Daimler?
    yes, there is even a current Daimler Sovereign in the Jaguar XJ range.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information