Thread: Citroen 11BL Langenthal

Citroen 11BL Langenthal

In the early fifties the Swiss company Langenthal converted a number of existing Citroen Traction Avant models into two-door Cabriolets. How many conversions actually took place, remains a mystery as the factory archives were lost during a fire. Estimates agree on about 50 cars, of which at least 14 are known to exist.

Langenthal took all types of the TA even including the 15. The bodies were strengthened and of course two doors were removed, which gave the car a very elegant look. No further mechanical upgrading took place.

Shown here is a 11BL model, from 1951, which appeared at the 2006 Concours d’Elegance at Palace Het Loo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    In the early fifties the Swiss company Langenthal converted a number of existing Citroen Traction Avant models into two-door Cabriolets. How many conversions actually took place, remains a mystery as the factory archives were lost during a fire. Estimates agree on about 50 cars, of which at least 14 are known to exist.

Langenthal took all types of the TA even including the 15. The bodies were strengthened and of course two doors were removed, which gave the car a very elegant look. No further mechanical upgrading took place.

Shown here is a 11BL model, from 1951, which appeared at the 2006 Concours d’Elegance at Palace Het Loo.
    Crap, i missed that one ! Some of the cars in the background were also shot with my camera,but not this one Do you remember the time you took these pictures ?

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Crap, i missed that one ! Some of the cars in the background were also shot with my camera,but not this one Do you remember the time you took these pictures ?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information