Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > Automotive forums > Classic cars


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 06-16-2008, 01:22 PM
MartB's Avatar
MartB MartB is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 65
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
any further plans with the car? For me it is one those cars that die out pretty fast before you realise that there only very few left.
I haven't really decided yet. I have another car that needs more attention.

For some time I will only do more or less what is necessary to keep it rolling. However, right now I'm restoring the brakes (new discs, new break hoses, restoration of calipers etc).

It is when you need spare parts you realize that this car is almost a forgotten car. I have to search all over Europe to find parts. In Sweden only 16 of these cars were sold new (all in -68) and today there are not many are left.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-16-2008, 01:29 PM
henk4's Avatar
henk4 henk4 is offline
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 27,212
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartB View Post
I haven't really decided yet. I have another car that needs more attention.

For some time I will only do more or less what is necessary to keep it rolling. However, right now I'm restoring the brakes (new discs, new break hoses, restoration of calipers etc).

It is when you need spare parts you realize that this car is almost a forgotten car. I have to search all over Europe to find parts. In Sweden only 16 of these cars were sold new (all in -68) and today there are not many are left.
other car being?
__________________
"I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-16-2008, 01:49 PM
MartB's Avatar
MartB MartB is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 65
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
other car being?
I'm probably a bit crazy because my other car is more unusual than the 1200 S (Why make things easy?). It's actually another one on your oddball corners list: René Bonnet Djet.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-17-2008, 12:00 AM
henk4's Avatar
henk4 henk4 is offline
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 27,212
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartB View Post
I'm probably a bit crazy because my other car is more unusual than the 1200 S (Why make things easy?). It's actually another one on your oddball corners list: René Bonnet Djet.
An original RB or already a Matra? Very nice, and probably easier to score parts for, as this was already in its days a far more special car. I am really looking forward to the first UCP member, who will start collecting all cars from the oddball corner
__________________
"I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-17-2008, 01:01 AM
MartB's Avatar
MartB MartB is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 65
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
An original RB or already a Matra? Very nice, and probably easier to score parts for, as this was already in its days a far more special car. I am really looking forward to the first UCP member, who will start collecting all cars from the oddball corner
It's a quite early CRB1.
It's not very easy to find parts for it, but still maybe easier than for the 1200 S.

If I had the space, the time and the money, I would probably be in the danger zone of collecting them all. I really adore some of those odd things, especially if they are French or Italian.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-17-2008, 03:48 AM
henk4's Avatar
henk4 henk4 is offline
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 27,212
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartB View Post
It's a quite early CRB1.
It's not very easy to find parts for it, but still maybe easier than for the 1200 S.

If I had the space, the time and the money, I would probably be in the danger zone of collecting them all. I really adore some of those odd things, especially if they are French or Italian.
i'll be heading soon for the LeMans Classic, not only the cars on track will be of great interest, but also the french clubs: Jide, Fournier&Marcadier, Sovam, Matra, Panhard, DB....
__________________
"I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-17-2008, 06:39 AM
MartB's Avatar
MartB MartB is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 65
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
i'll be heading soon for the LeMans Classic, not only the cars on track will be of great interest, but also the french clubs: Jide, Fournier&Marcadier, Sovam, Matra, Panhard, DB....
Sounds wonderful. I need to go to Le Mans Classic sometime, but this year I will have to pass. I went to France on a Djet meeting about a month ago, which was also very nice.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-17-2008, 06:41 AM
henk4's Avatar
henk4 henk4 is offline
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 27,212
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartB View Post
Sounds wonderful. I need to go to Le Mans Classic sometime, but this year I will have to pass. I went to France on a Djet meeting about a month ago, which was also very nice.
So the Djet is in full running order. Good.

I'll put up some pics from LeMans...

Edit: Actually the Djets are eligible for Tour Auto....but if you want to enter a Simca engine you'll need a CG.
__________________
"I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Last edited by henk4; 06-17-2008 at 06:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-17-2008, 07:27 AM
MartB's Avatar
MartB MartB is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 65
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
So the Djet is in full running order. Good.

I'll put up some pics from LeMans...

Edit: Actually the Djets are eligible for Tour Auto....but if you want to enter a Simca engine you'll need a CG.
No, unfortunately it's not. I went without my car.

I saw several CG:s and a DB in France as well. They had meeting in the same area. Really nice cars also.

Thanks for putting up pictures.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-26-2008, 11:47 AM
MartB's Avatar
MartB MartB is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 65
Sweden
From an old Simca 1200 S brochure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1200S brochure.jpg (204.5 KB, 10 views)
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-04-2009, 10:32 PM
willysjeep's Avatar
willysjeep willysjeep is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 396
Where the whiner in the recliner is..
Send a message via Skype™ to willysjeep
Gee, what a nice car, Mart. I do like the colour, but was that standard on the car. It suit tha cars bodylines 100%. I will post some pix later today or morrow on the one i'm viewing today. If its nice i will buy it for restauration.
__________________
I'm just an oldhustler trapped in a hotrodders world
I have been doing so much with so little for so long I can do anything with nothing.
Fiberglass is traditional.From Malmesbury,South Africa
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-04-2009, 11:53 PM
MartB's Avatar
MartB MartB is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 65
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by willysjeep View Post
Gee, what a nice car, Mart. I do like the colour, but was that standard on the car. It suit tha cars bodylines 100%. I will post some pix later today or morrow on the one i'm viewing today. If its nice i will buy it for restauration.
Thank you very much willysjeep. Yes, it is the cars original colour. If I remember correctly it´s called Bleu Estoril.
__________________
René Bonnet Djet
Simca 1200 S Coupé
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-07-2013, 04:03 AM
Umberto Cattani Umberto Cattani is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1
Try to post something.

Hello from Italy.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-07-2013, 04:58 AM
henk4's Avatar
henk4 henk4 is offline
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 27,212
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umberto Cattani View Post
Try to post something.

Hello from Italy.
welcome, go ahead.
__________________
"I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jaguar Advanced Lightweight Coupe Concept 2005 Matt Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out 38 07-17-2006 01:54 AM
Mazda Roadster Coupe Matt Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out 16 05-04-2006 10:11 PM
BMW Z4 Coupé Concept Car 2005 Colin17 Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out 37 02-09-2006 03:54 AM
Car classifications phuongtran General Automotive 19 12-02-2005 08:14 AM
HSV Coupe 4 Matt Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out 25 10-02-2005 07:21 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:42 PM.

 

© 1998 - 2014 Ultimatecarpage.com