Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid car names

I believe Saab should be "Stunning Attempt At Beauty!!" Come on guys, have some Swedish flair!

The Mitsubishi Mirage Dingo... I don't get it!?! Whats a Dingo got to do with a car...

AMC Gremlin...Errgh.

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    Lambo "Murcielago" also Spanish means "Bat".

Taz.
    ur an idiot. lamborghini and murcielago are both italian. murcielago is the name of an ITALIAN fighting bull. however im not sure what murcielago means in itialian.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    ur an idiot. lamborghini and murcielago are both italian. murcielago is the name of an ITALIAN fighting bull. however im not sure what murcielago means in itialian.

Taz is right.
    Murciélago is spanish and means bat.
    Diablo is also spanish and means devil.

But there have been fighting bulls with this names, so Lamborghini took them for their cars.......

Quote Originally Posted by Delmaster
    Taz is right.
    Murciélago is spanish and means bat.
    Diablo is also spanish and means devil.

But there have been fighting bulls with this names, so Lamborghini took them for their cars.......
    Thank you Delmaster!

An idiot huh? Ok, you're correct when you say that Lamborghini is Italian, but dead wrong when you say that Mucielago is, it's Spanish for "bat" like I said before. If you want to say Murcielago in Italian you say "Pipistrello". I guess that Lamborghini came to the conclusion that Murcielago sounded better than Pipistrello for their car. Unlike you, they took the time to look it up. I speak Spanish very fluently and some Italian. So before you call someone an idiot again, take the time to know what your talking about please.

Taz, in Spanish=Taz.
    Last edited by taz_rocks_miami; 08-06-2004 at 12:28 AM.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Italian's don't have fighting bulls.

Lambo have always named their cars after items from the corrida ( the Spanish bullfight event ) , such as Miura, Jslero, Urraco, Bravo, Jalpa and Espada. But not the Countach - another story for another day

Diablo was the return to naming cars after bull-fighting and was a bull made famous bull after a ferocious battle with one of the greatest matadors in MADRID in SPAIN in the 1860s

Murcielago was the name given to a bull in CORDOBA in SPAIN in the 1870s.
    A famous bull-fighter spared the life of the bull in the ring after it had dsplayed unique courage and spirit. It was then used to breed a famous line of bulls for the bull-fighting rings of Spain.

And Gallardo is a famous bull-fighting breed, so the tradition continues under Audi

SO as the saying goes it's best to be quiet and thought to be a fool than speak (or type) and confirm it Lesson learned hopefully
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 08-06-2004 at 03:32 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    like the name Fiat ragata the word Ragata in swedish is bitch or cow :-) only 30 where sold in sweden
    funny, but it was called Fiat REGATA, which was based on the Fiat Ritmo and nearly similar to the Seat Malaga, which based on the Seat Ronda, which was nearly the same car as the Ritmo, because before VW bought Seat, most Seats were licence build Fiats.

There is a car called Mitsubishi Canter Guts? Who has informtion in relation to this car?
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

The French found the Toyota MR2's name hilarious... Say it in French and it sounds like Toyota Merde. The Mitsubishi Starion was also a mistake, it was meant to be called the Stallion but someone at Mitsubishi UK misherd Mitsubishi HQ in Japan, thus it ended up Starion...
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 03-12-2007 at 01:06 PM.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

simultaneously the worst car name and worlds largest flip-lid bin

the bongo-friendee

How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by Mäusekino View Post
    funny, but it was called Fiat REGATA, which was based on the Fiat Ritmo and nearly similar to the Seat Malaga, which based on the Seat Ronda, which was nearly the same car as the Ritmo, because before VW bought Seat, most Seats were licence build Fiats.
    This thread is two and a half years old...where did you find it?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by Mäusekino View Post
    My head just exploded, lol
    How long have SEAT been around by the way?

Motion & Emotion

Ford "Focus" sounds like "faux-cul" in French, which means "two-faced bastard" (that's what my dictionnary gives me as a transaltion..)

Do guys say ASSix for A6?

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    My head just exploded, lol
    How long have SEAT been around by the way?
    Since 1950. The first model was the 1400, and the classic 600 appeared in 1957.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information