Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My drawings

My drawings

Hi all!
    After using Ultimatecarpage after while I've found that it's a time to share something.
    I like to draw cars, I like it since very childhood. Now I'm 42 year old, but I'm still like to draw cars. Now I make some money with it.

Here is a preview of coloring book for kids about F-1 history and today I'm working on now - Picasa Web Albums - Indrek Kuuse - Vormel-1
    There's only four cars now, but next cars will something like that:
    Lotus 48B
    Tyrrell 006
    Ferrari 312T
    Lotus 79
    Brabham BT52
    McLaren MP 4/2C
    McLaren MP 4/4 or 4/6
    Benetton B194
    Ferrari F2003
    Brawn GP001
    Red Bull RB6

Formula-1 book completed

Last book's prepress completed successfully, at least I think so. Overview of this is here; https://picasaweb.google.com/kuuse.indrek/Vormel1#

Now there's only to wait when fresh, lovely smelling load of books will come out from printhouse
    Last edited by Ristpea; 03-05-2011 at 11:26 AM.

VERY nice. Good luck with it and how about moving on to rally or tin top racers now ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I agree with Matra! Very nice drawings indeed, great job!

Somehow my coloring books sold pretty well here in Estonia even in times of economic depression. Maybe it's "gift effect" as I name it - if a parent with little money in pocket searches a gift for sibling, he/she chooses cheaper option, my books cost about 1.75 euros in estonian bookstores an supermarkets.
    OK, I don't know exact reason. I like draw cars and like to write short descriptions about the cars and my publisher said that I must draw and write as much I can.

That's why I have next one in my computer - and now it is my Holy Grail - sportscar racing. To be honest, all cars in the book will be Le Mans absolute winners, so it can't express all the riches of sportscar racing. But high levels sportscar racing is relatively unknown in our country so let it be that way, say, this is and introduction for kids and for their parents.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/kuuse.i...lussportautod#
    Last edited by Ristpea; 03-05-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Thank you for good words, these will give me wings
    "Rally cars" was my first book, which came out 2008. Colored cars from back cover are here
    Rallying is NUMBER ONE motorsport in Estonia, maybe that's why this book sold extremely well. Third reprint is on the way. But rather I draw new one, because now my drawing and coloring skills are much higher and there's lot of news to express
    Last edited by Ristpea; 03-05-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Awesome ... only complaint on the rally is the A110 is the wide body but then with narrow snow tyres But I'm an Alpine "nut".

Look forward to your Le Mans and I hope the Mazda 787 will be included as well as the Matra M670 and Alpine A442. Fingers crossed for an A220 long tail too
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

As well as thinking and searching and book composing is over, all the cars you see are in. That means - Matra and Mazda are in.
    Why so? Matra because of Graham Hill (triple crown - F1, Indy 500 and LM and great sense of humour) and Henri Pescarolo (by his relentless dedication to Le Mans and beard . And because of Matra itself - strange hi-tech corporation which produces rockets for military and wins Formula One and then Le Mans. And for french racing blue, I like this shade of color.
    Mazda - because of it's Wankel engine and very interesting livery. Beautiful and tremendous car in all aspects.

All the cars I tried to choose as carefully as I can.
    First criteria, above all is livery, because it's a coloring book. Must be interesting and express historical ones - for example Gulf's blue/orange, Italy's Rosso corsa, British Racing green, Renault's yellow/white/black and so on. And of course non-tobacco/alcohol, because it's a kid's book.
    Second - fact itself, in that case all are overall winners of Le Mans
    Third - Every drawing has a short explaining writing below. This is most difficult part for me, as it is very hard to press all your knowledge into much too short text.

And now it's time for writing the texts... Wish me luck, I need it!

And I am so grateful that Ultimatecarpage exists, this is the most exact source of the information of many-many rare automobiles.

My Le Mans coloring book project
    Last edited by Ristpea; 03-05-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Matra et Alpine, image, that I took for reference in drawing "Rally Cars", was exactly from Monte Carlo Rally 1973. Label on the bonnet...
    Monte was and is a game between tarmac and ice/snow. And then were no regulations about tyres.
    Last edited by Ristpea; 03-05-2011 at 03:23 PM.

^^^^ I was pretty certain I know the page from the Alpine book the image is from

It just the A110 Berlinette in GrpIV really needed the tarmac tyres to look best.
    Early A110s without the GrpIV wings looked fine on skinnies.

It's me just recognising the most beautiful A110s and seeing any deviation as less than ideal. BUT that isnt'a reflection on your work which I love.

Hope you can do Alpine blue as well as Matra blue for Le Mans

Indeed, nicely done!

I like the art style.

Wonderful stuff, Ristpea. Forget kids, I want copies of each book! Mmmmm... Crayolas, or Eberhard markers?
    Where does your publisher plan to market these? Seems like a natural for a calendar series, too.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Brilliant idea - I wish you the best of luck with it.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

I always wanted to be able to draw. You are very good I have a problem when it comes to judging perspective, I cannot draw anything in 3D. Anyway, did you use Adobe Illustrator? They all look good, my favorite is the Ford GT40 MK1

^^^ me too I always had to do it the laborious way with lots of perspective lines to vanishing points

THEN ..... the computer arrived and life was good.
    If you still have the "want " FD, get a tablet if you are going for artistic ( cheap ones are fine to start ) and some software and play. If it's mechanilc things then the mouse is perfect.

See post #32 at Matra Sports Team : official launch - Ultimatecarpage.com forums for the fun when ROy had us all "Paint" our online race car teams and some of us ... went a bit too far with the tools

I think follow up on any of that aspect if intrested you shoudl create a new thread tho' and let this one stay on track (!)
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 05-03-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Thread Information