Thread: what about the murcielago?

what about the murcielago?

ok, its pretty much known around the world that the enzo, carrera gt, and the mclaren slr are the modern supercars today. what about the murcielago? its incredibly fast, incredibly powerful, great handler.....why isnt it on the list? is it just because its not as exclusive? cause it still is very rare. if price has anything to do with it, that only makes it a low end ultimate supercar. nevertheless an incredible supercar. why isnt it on the current greatest list?
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Maybe cause it's 4wd drive and not as hardcore as the others (zonda etc..)
    I'm not saying I agree with this, I still think it's great car.

neither are the enzo/slr/cgt. im just saying how all the magazines are like "wow, the 3 greatest cars ever" or at least here in america. its so stupid because then they are all gonna get bought up by people who just want them to brag and save as an investment.......which i believe is an insult to the car and its manufacturer and the company engineers etc

"wow, the 3 greatest cars ever" is an opinion. and how is it insulting? the murcielago can not outpreform cars that costs twice as much, are you feeling okay?
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

noooooo..........wow, minsunderstanding. the magazines are basically promoting the enzo/slr/cgt in such a public way, that they are gonna get all bought up by people who just store them for 25 years, then sell them. THAT is an insult to the engineers

Even I think about this a lot....the Murcie posts acceleration figures alongside the SLR, and yet it's not considered to be in the same plot. What gives?
    I think it's because the Murcielago sells in more numbers and is not limited production. But even the CGT is a production car, and dosent face any discrimination.
    Or is it because of the 4wd?

the CGT won't be made in large numbers, maybe 300 max

300 per year until 2007 or something. 1700 cars totally.

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    what list???? i reckon that the mucielago IS a supercar... i just dont know why its so heavy though... i thought the body of the murcielago is full CF on second thought i dont think so... coz the murcielago rgt's body is made of cf completely... but i think if there is a "list" it should be in it...
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

If you talk about price/power the Murciélago is one of the best value for money supercars at this moment
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

The Murcielago was promoted heavily when it first came out, but there isn't really anything new, and everyone has done their road tests, so there isn't much to write about.

The SLR, CGT, Enzo are all a big step ahead of the Murky, lots more power, performance, prices, and as they are quite new, there is a lot of public interest and they sell magazines.

Mercedes seem to have only just handed over the press SLR, so there is a flurry of articles/ reviews.

When the proposed Murcielago SV/ GT appears it will probably be more worthy of mention.

At the moment it is fast, but not headline grabbing fast.
    Thanks for all the fish

Exactly. It is a brilliant car and frighteningly fast, but just not enough to grab the limelight right now because of the superlative competition.

Thread Information