Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Automotive idiot stories...

Ford Focus: $18,000
    New Tranismission at 500 miles: $1,500
    Engine Overhaul at 3,000 miles: $500
    Rear Axle replacement: $800
    putting steering wheel back on: $100 + $50 labor

Going bankrupt trying to keep the freakin car running: Priceless.
    Did you really have to pay...I thought the warranty would take care of it.
    My wife had one of the first Focus' and after 5 recall visits to the dealer and once for the auto not shifting out of first at 29K miles before the warranty ran out we traded it.

ive never owned a Focus and thanks to this page I never will, read some of the Focus stories, brakes not working, tail gate popping open when the turn siginal turns on, steering wheel popping off when the car is turning etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    ive never owned a Focus and thanks to this page I never will, read some of the Focus stories, brakes not working, tail gate popping open when the turn siginal turns on, steering wheel popping off when the car is turning etc..
    Karrmann, why do you keep posting this stuff ?

We've gone over this before
    A few cars will have manufacturing faults, a few cars will not be adequeatly prepared before delivery by the dealer, a few dealers will be unable to properly service the car, a few dealers will not handle customer relationships in a positive manner.

Seems like you're trying to throw lots of mud to try to make the Prius look perfect
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Over the weekend some not so wise visitor to my apartment complex got his Passat stuck on a speed-bump. I heard some scraping outside....I was parked near the dumpster, so came outside to see it the trash-hauler was mauling my car. No it was a slammed Passat. I slowly walked past... pretending to get something from my car. I really just wanted to see the drama unfold. The Passat was lowered and had ground effects, it was <4" from the ground. The guy had tried to get across at an angle and not couldn't go front of back. When he tried moving all you heard was scraping metal....probably the oversized exhaust. I felt kind of embarassed just sitting there watching this guy in this...tight situation. I walked by with a sympathetic nod. I heard the host guy say, "go ahead just cross it there are fewer bumps out the back way". The complex has many speed bumps and I've never needed to measure their height but I think the guy was screwed. I wanted to tell them to use a plank of wood or something but thought if he is smart enough to have his car sit lower than a F1 car...he's smart enough to figure that out.

I know some of you guys reading this are probably quilty of this crime. Why? I once did my springs when I needed to replace some worn shocks with an Eibach/Bilstein package. It only lowered the car about 3/4 or an inch. The guy who sold be the springs was looking at me as if I was passing up on a great oppurtunity, that I could slam my car and wasn't. Is it just crazy Westcoasters or have you seen this in your part of the world as well?

I think the funniest thing I've ever seen was a funeral procession limo get high-centered on a high-center bridge. Kinda morbid, but funny nonetheless.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

A while back i was on the motorway when a women who was a few cars ahead of me missed her off ramp and rather than just carrying on to the next one which was only about 1km further on, she pulled over and backed her car up so that she could get off at the right off ramp! meanwhile traffic is zooming past her at 100km/h. sometimes i just don't get what goes through some peoples heads!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelotto
    A while back i was on the motorway when a women who was a few cars ahead of me missed her off ramp and rather than just carrying on to the next one which was only about 1km further on, she pulled over and backed her car up so that she could get off at the right off ramp! meanwhile traffic is zooming past her at 100km/h. sometimes i just don't get what goes through some peoples heads!!!!!!!

That is kind of an usual thing with portughese drivers! Be affraid!!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

This is my astonishingly stupid story.

It ws my first day at University and at lunch a guy sits next to me and starts telling his heroic motoring tales..

I recon this particular episode he told me about, in wich he was driving his old Fiat Uno. He said he lost control, hit the sidewalk with the back wheel and damaged the....back differential!!!!

We are obviously talking about a crapy old Fiat wich is FWD. So there is a delocated diff or a car facing some identitie crisis!!!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Well, I have more than a few...let's see...

Ah! There was the time I "raced" a brand new Lambo.

It was about a year ago, it was so new, it didn't have tags yet. It was bright yellow, mean lookin son of a gun. Well, I was turning left and he was gonna go straight - but anyway, he pulled up next to me, and as soon as I saw it, I figured I'd have a little fun with the Lambo owner. After all, he kept revving the engine and looking around, seeing if anyone was really impressed with it. Young guy, too, maybe 30 but lookin more like mid 20's. Where he got that kinda moolah, is anybody's guess. Anyhow, I just blew him a kiss and winked, then revved my 302, knwing full well that since I was turning left I wouldnt have to subject myself to the embarrassment of ACTUALLY racing the Lambo. Oh boy was he p1ssed. When the light went green, he took off hard - and I turned left, laughing about as hard as I have in a long, long time. I have to admit I liked the exhaust note on that thing though.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    This is my astonishingly stupid story.

It ws my first day at University and at lunch a guy sits next to me and starts telling his heroic motoring tales..

I recon this particular episode he told me about, in wich he was driving his old Fiat Uno. He said he lost control, hit the sidewalk with the back wheel and damaged the....back differential!!!!

We are obviously talking about a crapy old Fiat wich is FWD. So there is a delocated diff or a car facing some identitie crisis!!!
    Are you sure it wasn't a Panda? (4wd).
    Anyway...
    Germans testing new satnav. GPS out by 100 metres. They drive off a pier which is 100 metres from a bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    Well, I have more than a few...let's see...

Ah! There was the time I "raced" a brand new Lambo.

It was about a year ago, it was so new, it didn't have tags yet. It was bright yellow, mean lookin son of a gun. Well, I was turning left and he was gonna go straight - but anyway, he pulled up next to me, and as soon as I saw it, I figured I'd have a little fun with the Lambo owner. After all, he kept revving the engine and looking around, seeing if anyone was really impressed with it. Young guy, too, maybe 30 but lookin more like mid 20's. Where he got that kinda moolah, is anybody's guess. Anyhow, I just blew him a kiss and winked, then revved my 302, knwing full well that since I was turning left I wouldnt have to subject myself to the embarrassment of ACTUALLY racing the Lambo. Oh boy was he p1ssed. When the light went green, he took off hard - and I turned left, laughing about as hard as I have in a long, long time. I have to admit I liked the exhaust note on that thing though.
    was it a left turn lane? cuz if it was he's really dumb

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I was in the left turn lane, he was in the straight lane right next to me
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Stupid human tricks on the freeway

It just rained here in southern California after a 180+ day dry spell. A guy in an A4 Quattro driving in the left(fast) lane a few cars ahead of me, I guess wanted to test his quattro prowess. He would go over the solid white line into the emergency lane to splash the standing water. Creating huge rooster tails each time, amusing. The last time he got into water too deep for 60+ MPH and started hydroplaning. Maybe it was the quattro system that saved him but the car went almost 90 degrees in both directions and then stabilized, like a pendulum very quickly coming to rest. I sped up to see this guys face after this experience, flushed and white-knuckled, he was now driving in the extreme right of his lane. AWD offers good traction but will not turn you into Niki Lauda.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Hows this for prize idiocy... waiting for the light to change on the way to school. It's red. Red means stop. The Porsche 911 (964) Cabrio in front obviously didn't know the meaning of red. He stopped, then started again, taking off very fast. Then a Volvo 760 (the 1980's tank) pulled out of the side turning that had a green light. The Porsche got the worst T-Boning I have ever seen.

I was over at my girlfriend's house with a few friends. Driving over there I noticed that my sub had stopped working. This happens alot because it is in a box and I havent got around to securing it in the back because I take it out to add cargo space all the time. Generally one or other of the wires pop out and it takes 5 seconds to fix. When I arrive at my girlfriend's house I hop out and open the rear hatch on my GTI and plug the wire back in problem solved. Then I hear my car chirp telling me that it's armed, see I have no alarm pin on my hatch. I reach into my pocket to turn off the alarm so I can retrieve my stuff from the fron of the car and I realise they're not there. "Shit" I think "the keys must be in the car" I open the door to grab my keys which I figure I left on the seat and the alarm goes off. This is one of those nifty alarms that howl and make all sorts of noise and flash the lights and everything. So my alarm starts screaming and my new girlfriend is looking at me like I'm an idiot along with 3 of my friends I start hunting around under my seats and everywhere with the other guy who is with us trying to find these bloody keys. My girlfriend sighs and goes inside with the others leaving me and Dave to find my keys and turn off the alarm which is disturbing the neighbourhood and getting people looking at us like we're trying to steal the stereo or something. Dave and I afer 5 mins of the alarm wailing step back to see if the keys have fallen under the car and Dave mutters "shit you dumbass" he goes and closes the hatch and pulls the keys out of the lock that had been hiden from view above us. Needless to say everyone treated me like an idiot for most of the day.
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Thread Information