Thread: How do you raise the rear end of a car ?

How do you raise the rear end of a car ?

Hello

Im currentally working on a chop of my dads ROUGH 1970 Pontiac Lemans

he wants me to finish the car and do all the stuff to it before he finishes the car

The one question i have is he wants the rear end jacked up and the front lowered a bit

i iknow how to lower a car but no idea how to do that

Thanks

Birdmann
    No Me Gusta Tu Coche

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman002 View Post
    Hello

he wants me to finish the car and do all the stuff to it before he finishes the car

The one question i have is he wants the rear end jacked up and the front lowered a bit

Thanks

Birdmann
    When you raise it you have to rebrush the area, and yes it sucks. No easy way of doing it.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

i'd select the whole car and rotate it a few degrees. you will have to go back and put some stuff underneath it, but then again you could just fill it in as shadow if it works for the pic.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Put a jack underneath and put it up... How hard can it be

its the lowering progress in reverse. quite simple actually if you're changing the background .

Solution

i guessing you mean in real life. You can change the shocks and add adjustable ones, you can add air bags, there are shocks that you can add air to to raise the height. If you have leaf springs (which i doubt you do) you can use lifting blocks. There are tons of ways of lifting a car out there.

Quote Originally Posted by in1fastcar View Post
    i guessing you mean in real life. You can change the shocks and add adjustable ones, you can add air bags, there are shocks that you can add air to to raise the height. If you have leaf springs (which i doubt you do) you can use lifting blocks. There are tons of ways of lifting a car out there.
    Errr...as this is a multimedia post dealing with Photoshop, I don't think this is in real life.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

C'mon guys, think about it a little. You cant just "adjust and brush" the car into a different poition UNLESS its a shot taken from the side. Photoshop doesnt have a 3-dimensional view of the object, only we do. So really this can be done in one of either two ways:

1) The hard way: Adjust the "side" view into the correct position, then the "rear" view (if shot from behind) and then brush in the gaps to make it look like a car again. This includes adjustment of the roof, wheels blah blah. This, however, will be rather difficult and Id try to prevent going down this road.

2) The easy way: If you have access to the car, why not take a picture of the car at a different angle. You can either use the same angle and jack it up as someone previously suggested OR you can crouch down a little and try and replace that image with the previous. So, same position, different angle on a vertical line. Now by making the original higher at the rear, you save yourself all the brush work and frustration.

This is how I would have done it. Or you can simply take a shot from the side and make life ease (MS Paint easy) for yourself...up to you really.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman002 View Post
    Hello

Thanks

Birdmann

Hey man,there's a lots of ways of lifting the car and you need a jack to pull it out there..or if you we're not sure you can look step by step in the manually set up chop on google...

You add blocks to the Leaf spring mounts. Really simple. You just need longer u bolts.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Put a jack underneath and put it up... How hard can it be
    That is an easy tip I must say

Thread Information