Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much music?

They work 60hrs a week for 6 months to make a couple million doing what they love to do and take a year or two off, the average person works 40-50hrs a week ALL YEAR to make 50-70k doing labor intensive work. People work their ass off for pittence compared to these people only to have 1/2 taken by taxes and they don't complain. That doesn't make those rich bastards better than anyone else, if anything its the reverse.

Making 1,000,000 and losing 200,000 is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than making 70,000 and losing 14,000.

If you really love to do it, should you care that your losing 2 or 3% in the mix, but still making hundreds of thousands? It doesn't apply to ALL bands I never said that, only the excessively rich ones who complain they aren't getting enough money.
    Last edited by "Clevor" Angel; 08-28-2005 at 06:08 AM.

Chill out "Clevor" Angel.
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

I know it sounds like I'm freaking out but I'm not. I know you all agree with me even if you don't want to say so. They spend more in one year than most will ever make in ten. They have no right to complain about ONE sector of their extremely fascited income. I wont say anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by "Clevor" Angel
    With the utmost DISrespect I say F*$k the recording companies and all the musicians who don't back me up. In my eyes a musician makes music because they love too and want people to hear it and enjoy it, right?
    What ?
    Do you enjoy your job ?? Does that mean your employer shouldnt' pay you to do it ??
    Most artists/bands have already spent years and years playign clubs and small gigs to GET the record deals. Years with very little income, sleeping in bus/van, drivign 10 hours to a gig etc etc
    ( We're talkign real music here, not the manufactured bands and solot "artists" )
    [quote] Well, to put it in perspective, once you have 10,000,000 in savings at the bank, even at 1 percent interest your making 100,000 a year, well alot of these people have made 200,000,000 off one album, even if only one quarter of that is in the bank at .5% interest they're STILL making 250,000 a year sitting on their ass. And they're complaining about the pennies they only see half of from CD sales! If a star gets up and tells people not to pirate because its stealing that just shows their true worthless character. My parents combined don't make 70,000 a year![/quote
    Fine for the 0.1% of artists who get that chance - BTW $200M album sales equates to about 10-15M to the artists !!!!

Just Venting... but, excluding the cursing, am I wrong?
    Not if you only do it to the excessevely rich ones - but they tend to be the excessively UNTALENTED too, so why woudl you WANT their album ??

But you are 100% wrong for 99% of the artists out there who need the cash !

The profits of the record companies is excessive, but having known a label which tried to help up-coming bands there is also a huge risk employed. So just as with the artists, not all record companies and labels are the same.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information