Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your ride recently?

@Cobrafan427: Check for a vacuum leak. If my car had a rough idle, but drove somewhat okay with the rpm up, first thing I'd be looking for would be a leak. If you pull the O2 sensor and see that it's black, it could be due to the computer compensating a little too heavily for the extra air.
    Turning money into memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    @Cobrafan427: Check for a vacuum leak. If my car had a rough idle, but drove somewhat okay with the rpm up, first thing I'd be looking for would be a leak. If you pull the O2 sensor and see that it's black, it could be due to the computer compensating a little too heavily for the extra air.
    I bought some sensor cleaner the other day but have yet to use it because i'm extremely busy but i'm hoping to get to it on weds. or thurs. If that doesnt work then i'll look for the leak. How do i go about finding it and how do i fix it? (My knowledge about cars is strange, i can identify make and model and tell you what kind of engine it has but i can't fix one to save my life)

Removed, Cut, Sprayed, and clear coated my rear badges. Vectoring out some details for the front M to be cut out of white carbon fiber.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    I bought some sensor cleaner the other day but have yet to use it because i'm extremely busy but i'm hoping to get to it on weds. or thurs. If that doesnt work then i'll look for the leak. How do i go about finding it and how do i fix it? (My knowledge about cars is strange, i can identify make and model and tell you what kind of engine it has but i can't fix one to save my life)
    Spray carb cleaner around the engine where you think a leak might be, eg. vacuum lines, intake manifold, etc. If the idle changes (you may either choke the engine completely, or have the revs pick up a little), there's your culprit. Please remember to do it on a cold motor as carb cleaner can catch on fire if hot enough. Just saying.

If you find a leak, and if you figure out how to fix it (usually just some bolt twiddling, new vacuum hose, or a rubber gasket) be prepared for a little rough idle still. The short term fuel trims will immediately start going lean, but it'll take the long term fuel trims a little while to catch up.
    Turning money into memories.

test fitted headlights and grille.

started on the underside of the triumph.. sand blast, rust convert, etc
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

^^ Very nice! Glad to see you're making serious progress with both. Phosphoric acid (or similar) prep?
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

yep i did start using some combined rust converter/primer paint but it turned out to be utter shit, much more thorough using separate products.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Added some clear side repeaters and a new front badge to the Alfa, aswell as topping up all the fluids before I took it to Silverstone yesterday. Got a new grille (same as I had on my red 156) to fit and then it's cambelt time when it's payday.
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Dantera22B View Post
    Added some clear side repeaters and a new front badge to the Alfa, aswell as topping up all the fluids before I took it to Silverstone yesterday. Got a new grille (same as I had on my red 156) to fit and then it's cambelt time when it's payday.
    Does Alfa send it's cars out with badgeless grills?
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Nope, I was probably faded due to usage. The Lancia badges from our Delta are also starting to suffer from mileage.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Installed a RX7 top mount intercooler in my starlet and got my tein adjustable suspension rebuilt,waiting to put in.
    Also tried to get rid of all the glue and sound deadening in my skyline.Its a bloody long process using a heat gun!

use dry ice?

lol yeah I'll get some this week and try it on.I forgot,does anyone know what to clean up the interior with (forgot the chemical name),theres little bits and pieces of glue left over thats hard to scrape out.

i used acetone to get the upholstery glue off, was a BITCH of a job. real monotonous and time consuming

I have FINALLY got around to putting some time and money into my 1977 Mini Panel Van.

Can had been almost completly stripped down (engine comes out in a couple of weeks) ready for the complete rebuild.

Floor pans have been ordered for the full floor transplant.

Its only taken me 5 years but im finally getting there.

Pictures to follow...

Watch this space :-)
    "No sir you may not eat my hat"

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

Thread Information