Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TVR Cerbera Speed 12 is for sale!

TVR Cerbera Speed 12 is for sale!

Here is your chance to own a "...one off, horribly dangerous and ugly/beautiful as hell. Torque of the Devil." supercar the TVR Cerbera Speed 12.

They are taking offer's now

Coys Showroom - 2000 TVR Cerbera Speed 12

For more information on the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 visit

Here
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

I can afford that. I think I'll buy it tomorrow.
    All about the t-tops

It's for sale again?!?! Why? I know if I owned it, I wouldn't let go.

Last time it sold for around £130,000 - less than the price of a well specced F430 or Gallardo...and I think that if you can afford it, it's a bit of a bargain!

Maybe in another life...
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

It's only the race version and only produces 660 HP which is about 340Hp less than the road version.
    GT5 will rule :P A professional player of racing games- only the better of you will be able to beat me.

My real name is Stephen.J.Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Southend Rage View Post
    It's only the race version and only produces 660 HP which is about 340Hp less than the road version.
    FAIL. This car with its more road-biased camshaft develops around 880BHP, if it had a race-spec camshaft that would rise to around 960BHP. The "660" you're thinking of sounds more like the torque figure (650lb/ft), which in a car weighing 975Kgs is corruptingly awesome.

Yes guys, that works out at 917BHP/ton...

Quote Originally Posted by Southend Rage View Post
    If you actually read the information page on the car, you wouldnt make that mistake. Look in the first post where it say's here and read the info, specifically the last paragraph of post #2. Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    ...if it had a race-spec camshaft that would rise to around 960BHP.
    Actually no, the race settings for the car including reducing power. "the FIA governing body required its horsepower reduced to 660bhp from the 1000+bhp being quoted" also post #2 of the info.
    Last edited by Sledgehammer; 09-27-2007 at 12:04 AM.
    -Carrol Shelby

ugly car great noise, would buy something else out of that showroom though...
    24/02/2008: my first drive in a corrado 16, life is finally going somewhere...
    1/07/2008: first drive in a corrado vr6, life peaks here

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    It's for sale again?!?! Why?
    Because the only place you can realistically use it is the track, and it is too noisy for most track days?

Combined with the demise of the factory - what happens when you break something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    Actually no, the race settings for the car including reducing power. "the FIA governing body required its horsepower reduced to 660bhp from the 1000+bhp being quoted" also post #2 of the info.
    I didn't say "race settings", I said "racing camshaft"

This is NOT one of the race cars, there were three road cars produced, but unfortunately two were cannibalised in order to keep the race effort going.

W112BHG was found in a bit of a state at Blackpool and it was decided in 2003 to restore it - this is why it's a peculiar mix of road car with the race-car bodykit. Attached is a picture of the car in that state, before this was added.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I thouht that the reason race parts were used was their were no road going parts left, and not only for a restoration. Also, the liscense plate W112BHG was not the origional plate. That plate number came after TVr placed an add stating their intentions so sell to a private buyer.
    Last edited by Sledgehammer; 09-27-2007 at 09:09 AM.
    -Carrol Shelby

They need to lower that.

I'd love to have that in my garage if it was road legal, it looks awesome and would be a great thing to have in your garage.

Problem with Britain is that it rains a lot... 917bhp/tonne + no ABS + no traction control + wet road = suicide.

I think I'll just clarify this for everyone. After the Cerbera Speed 12 road project was cancelled TVR used all of the road-car parts for the race cars. However, sometime in 2003, after being left with the road prototype without any body panels, TVR decided to rebody the car with panels from the race car. After they sold the Cerbera, the new owners started adding bespoke panels (including the titanium rear as stated in Coys advertisment). Although they did not replace all of the panels, a large number of the panels were replaced (I do believe they were done by Reverie).

Before TVR sold the car, they made a few minor mechanical adjustments (ECU etc etc) but it still used the full 880bhp motor, which was essentially two Speed Sixes. Peter Wheeler said himself that they dyno'd an earlier version of the car, breaking the dyno at something like 980bhp but the later prototype (W112 BHG) "only" actually outputted 880bhp. It has been speculated that this is because earlier prototypes were using rougher cams' where as the later ones used much more efficient and civilised ones.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige: View Post
    I think I'll just clarify this for everyone. After the Cerbera Speed 12 road project was cancelled TVR used all of the road-car parts for the race cars. However, sometime in 2003, after being left with the road prototype without any body panels, TVR decided to rebody the car with panels from the race car. After they sold the Cerbera, the new owners started adding bespoke panels (including the titanium rear as stated in Coys advertisment). Although they did not replace all of the panels, a large number of the panels were replaced (I do believe they were done by Reverie).

Before TVR sold the car, they made a few minor mechanical adjustments (ECU etc etc) but it still used the full 880bhp motor, which was essentially two Speed Sixes. Peter Wheeler said himself that they dyno'd an earlier version of the car, breaking the dyno at something like 980bhp but the later prototype (W112 BHG) "only" actually outputted 880bhp. It has been speculated that this is because earlier prototypes were using rougher cams' where as the later ones used much more efficient and civilised ones.
    Exactly. I read that the "new owner" (after the restoration) was given a choice of two camshafts. One "race" camshaft that would lead the engine to produce 960BHP but would cause the engine to run a lot less smoothly, and one "road" camshaft that would allow the engine to produce 880BHP whilst running considerably smoother / better.

I'd also love to know where all of the other chassis have ended-up...I have pictures of a few of the cars, and it'd be nice to (possibly) learn that some are still in existence in some shape or form...

...Here are the pics of the other two road-going Speed Twelve prototypes, the ones stripped down for parts. I wonder what remains.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is one crazy ass car.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    Problem with Britain is that it rains a lot... 917bhp/tonne + no ABS + no traction control + wet road = suicide.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah...pussy. Just 'cause Kitty's got more wheels than she has horsepower!

You don't exactly buy any TVR for wet roads though. If I was in a position fortunate enough to be able to buy a (the) Speed Twelve, I'd never let it go - even if I only drove it on rare occasions. If you were THAT wealthy, you'd have plenty of other vehicles to drive for the rest of the time...!

Thread Information