Thread: 1989 Toyota Supra Info

1989 Toyota Supra Info

Im seriously thinking about getting this supra i found near my home. I've been talking to the owner for the past couple of days about the car. Seems that the car is in pretty tip top shape. Has a few things needing fixing. He needs to sell it fast becuase he is leaving the country in about a week so he is selling it real cheap. Only wants about 900 dollars for it. I know a lil about supras but not much. So if any of you guys can tell me as much stuff as possible that i should know about these cars, please do, and info about what i should look for when I test drive it would be helpful !

you've "seriously considered" like 8 cars already

The supras use a jza70 motor in the 1989 model a straight six 3.0ltr if im not mistaken. Im not sure if this one is turbo or not... but i think they are stock turbo if not they are made for turbos ive seen one of these supras pull out 550 rwhp with a stock bottom end.. hahaha
    the motors are generally good and the gearbox is tops aswell.
    a word of warning the heads on the jza70 are weak. Im going on what ive read about these supras. Also is it aero top? (targa) or hardtop, if its hard top hehehe u might think this is funy but have a look under the floor carpets to check that its one hole car not 2 different supras welded together.
    I love these cars and was considering it as a first but ended up with a shitter and saved up to buy my ac cobra but for $900 how could u say no.
    Just check what motor is in it the jza70 is a good motor but if it has an MA70 they are known to have problems after 150,000 k's soo jus check out all these things hav fun ! and post sum pics plzz

heres some pics of what the car looks like. Looks good, just needs a new rear bumper.
    the only problems with the car are the rear bumper, the odometer needs to be fixed, because its stuck at some number and doesnt work anymore and the power steering wheel oil is leaking. Other than that, its in tip top shape
    Attached Images Attached Images

maybe if you could gather up some more money you could buy a 1995 supra...........if you could afford it it would be better no offense. here is a picture of one:
    http://www.fiendation.com/people/john/rightside.jpg
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Thread Information