Thread: 2011 Goodwood Festival of Speed and Revival Preview ...

2011 Goodwood Festival of Speed and Revival Preview ...

Last Thursday Lord March kicked off the 2011 season with the annual Goodwood Motorsport Launch. The event serves as a warm-up for the upcoming Festival of Speed (July 1st - 3rd) and Revival meeting (September 16th - 18th). A selection of cars expected to star at the two events lined up in front of Goodwood House and before they took to the hill, Lord March revealed the plans for 2011.
    The Festival of Speed will have ‘Racing Revolutions – Quantum leaps that shaped motor sport’ as theme and will also celebrate the 100 years of the Indy 500 and the 50th anniversary of the Jaguar E-Type. With a dedicated race, the E-Type's 1961 launch will also be marked at the Revival. Argentinian racing legend Juan Manuel Fangio would have turned 100 this year and his spectacular career will also take centre stage at the Revival.
    Making its public debut at the Goodwood Motorsport Launch was the Aston Martin AMR-One, which was driven up the hill once by Darren Turner. McLaren was present with a production prototype of the upcoming MP4/12C and the F1 that set the world top speed record for production road cars in 1998. The historic cars in attendance ranged from the ferocious Benz 'Blitzen' and Fiat 'Mephistopheles' to the delicate Delage 2LCV and the beautifully preserved 'barn-find' Jaguar E-Type Lightweight.
    Our photographers ventured out to a very chilly Goodwood. Their best work has made it into an exclusive 120-shot gallery that illustrates a preview of the Goodwood events.

Enjoy the links:

2011 Goodwood Preview - Ultimatecarpage.com - Powered by knowledge, driven by passion
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

having been now eye to eye with the new AMR1 I can't help noticing the outward similarities between this car and the ill-fated Lavaggi LMP1.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

The Jag looks real good in dark red.

I can't wait untill the Festival of speed, all i have to do now is order my tickets.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    having been now eye to eye with the new AMR1 I can't help noticing the outward similarities between this car and the ill-fated Lavaggi LMP1.
    Thats so unpromising...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Uh oh, their first goal should be to at least make it to the checkered flag then

Thread Information