294. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1993 Supra Twin Turbo

98 33.33%
  • !999 Skyline-R34 GT-R

196 66.67%
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Supra vs Skyline

i'm with the skyline
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

supra-devil,
    for ur question about supra vs skyline which 1 is better...i think the poll answears your question...hehe

No it answerd which was more popular look at the first page and youll find there is very little between these 2 vehicals in 1/4 mile time and a few other things. I recently had a closer look at a 93 SUPRA i really liked it nice looking car turbo engine it would of been a screamer if i had $14,000 lieing around i would of considerd buying it (make a great day to day runabout)
    I didnt cheak this on thourgoly enough it was a 93 SUPRA and it was nice car.
    Last edited by Falcon500; 11-09-2003 at 03:07 AM.

I still don't think that these two cars are even a good direct comparison, as they are built for, and bought by, different people. The Skyline GTR is meant to be a production racer, the Supra merely a very fast GT. This is also reflected in their prices, an R32 GTR costs very similar money when well kept than a near new supra in decent condition.

The Supra is also far better for driving comfortably over large distances, and is far less exhausting driving in stop-start or city traffic.

Even the people who modify them often have different goals in mind. GTR's rule the street drags, and the Supra is more popular and successful at the Wangan 300 km/ph route.

We aren't comparing cars that were meant to compete directly, so why make them compete now? They are both excellent for their intended purpose.

Originally posted by Nildo
    I still don't think that these two cars are even a good direct comparison, as they are built for, and bought by, different people. The Skyline GTR is meant to be a production racer, the Supra merely a very fast GT. This is also reflected in their prices, an R32 GTR costs very similar money when well kept than a near new supra in decent condition.

The Supra is also far better for driving comfortably over large distances, and is far less exhausting driving in stop-start or city traffic.

Even the people who modify them often have different goals in mind. GTR's rule the street drags, and the Supra is more popular and successful at the Wangan 300 km/ph route.

We aren't comparing cars that were meant to compete directly, so why make them compete now? They are both excellent for their intended purpose.
    oh yeah lemme get 1 fing straight...weneva i talk about how gud cars r n their driving etc etc i mean 2 compare them by street drag racing not the racing park racing...

Originally posted by r34_296kw
    oh yeah lemme get 1 fing straight...weneva i talk about how gud cars r n their driving etc etc i mean 2 compare them by street drag racing not the racing park racing...
    Umm why compare the 2 cars in only those limited fields? the cars have so many other pros and cons to them you spend a lot of time in your car and i dont think youd be racing them everytime you go out in them.

well if hes only gunna use a car like that to race someone then i guess he shouldnt give a shit how it performs elsewhere

Yeah well at his age he cant afford to be only focused on speed practicality and a few other things are important and if im looking at a car speed is important but is nice to have at least some of the whole 9 yards in it not just speed in a straight line.

well theres bound to be heaps of people that think one way or the either

Well this is comparing the 2 vehicals and the only real way is to look at them both as a package rather then just "AWWWW the skylines faster" and just bikckering as children the supra is a fast agile rwd car which makes a fantastic cross country car it also has a motor thats famus for being just as good (and in some cases i hear better) then the Skylines RB engine.
    The skyline is the current fad for young people over most parts of the world it has AWD,All wheel Steer and all the other little flash technilogical mods. It also has a very fine and tunable engine which is proven to be very fast.

its getting to sound like the arguments me and my brother have over which is better: a 351 or the new 330. ive been showing him the supercharger kits capa offer and hes dead set on putting a 302 in a datto 1200 coupe

Well dont forget the quad cam motor is a new object and very expensive also on that note a 302 in a 1200 ute is not a good idea either. If your gonna do that use a torana or a cortina their small enough and actually react well to engines that side rather then becomming puigs to drive. In the long run it will cost him a huge amount no matter which way he chosses.

Whats da best out of a Skyline and a Supra. An idiotic question. If you are looking to buy either, drive both. Other than that they are both clearly great sports cars. The debate can go on but will only amuse those who have a particular devotion to one or the other.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

ture enough too My point was there is not direct winner here both car are good and both suit diffrent people (much like the ongoing argument Between holdens and fords they both suit diffrent people)

Originally posted by Falcon500
    Well dont forget the quad cam motor is a new object and very expensive also on that note a 302 in a 1200 ute is not a good idea either. If your gonna do that use a torana or a cortina their small enough and actually react well to engines that side rather then becomming puigs to drive. In the long run it will cost him a huge amount no matter which way he chosses.
    well the cortinas at one stage came with the falcons 4.1 six so thats enough proof for me that a 302 will fit, but my brothers only my age so hes heaps far off getting any sort of project off the ground

Thread Information