Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clutch F#$@%*

Clutch F#$@%*

It wasnt my fault! Really! There I was , accelerating, slooooowly mind you, down my street when, BANG!!, the clutch lets go from first to second. Still had some feedback from the pedal but no disengagment. So I get it to the dealership (still under warranty) and they phone me to say that the clutch isnt covered. "Sorry", I counter, " I beleive it is the pressure plate that has failed, not a matter of wear and tear on the clutch." " Oh but there is scoring on the flywheel and clutch and when Holden see this they are pretty funny about these thing and they will say it has to do with the driving." tries the service guy. "Well I dont actually care what they say", I respond, not yet raising my voice, much, " I will have it checked by independant sources and we can take it from there", " by the way I am not a complete idiot in these matters and I have spoken to my brother in law (name withheld) who used to be a partner at (name again witheld but his service shop is a big customer and does a lot of work for this dealership) and he says..."' "Oh you are ........s brother inlaw?" comes the question. "Yes." "Well I will get the service manger involved and I think the Holden rep will be inhere tomorrow and I will get back to you."

Well I spoke to my brother inlaw (who has chosen to be on holidays on the other side of the gulf at the moment ) and he said to persue the matter. I spoke to another mate at another Holden dealership and he said to go for it too. So armed with this I phone this morning. "Yeah we checked it (again?) and the pressure plate is FINE, its the clutch plate and fleywheel which are scored." comes the reply. "Well explain how I have feedback on the clutch pedal and the clutch wont disengage and I have NO slipping, yet the clutch is scored and the pressure plate is fine?" "Oh well the pressure plate has some scorching." Huh!. "Come down and have a look." Yeah right. "Leave it with me, I respond."
    So I phone my brother inlaws ex partner, "can I bring in the pressure plate and get you to check?". "yep , no worries."
    In the interim my brother inlaw has pulled rank from 200km away , phoned the dealership, told them to get the pressure plate pressure tested and is gong to speak t a mate he has who is the Holden rep for the dealership.
    With a replacement cost of $1250 parts only I will be awaiting the outcome with much anticipation.
    I will keep you posted.
    Amusingly (like I cant stop laughing ) I was on my way to check out a Landcruiser that I may be trading the SV8 on (I know!) when it went tits up. May have made my decision for me.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun. I hate when dealers try to jip you with warranty loop holes and stuff like that.

Pull out all the tricks Crisis, even though you did nothing wrong. Sucks for you though.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Imagine a poor schmuck who is less informed (imagine!) gets the answer I got and just coughs.

Thats service departments for you, Ford arent any better. Hope it works our for ya
    I am the Stig

man that sucks, just giving out like that. what could have caused it?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Makes you wish you went for auto mate
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

were you flat shifting again crisis?

I guess Holden have a lot of explaining to do. Fortunately you have someone who can pull rank over them. A lot of people. (like my mum) have to pay up when bullcrap like that that SHOULD be warranty covered stuff up on the magna.
    The Datto will rage again...

Crisis - 1
    Holdens - F/A

I just spoke to the dealership and they said that Holden had just (yeah right) given approval. I didnt launch into him as I dont have the car yet. The story is, from their service manager and a mate at another dealership , is that Holden play hardball on clutchs over 40,000 ks. If they have marks or scoring on the plates they claim its abuse. How many cars of any type (let alone 350 V8s) would have no marks on the clutch after 40,000 ks? So its a cop out. Anyhow the pressure plate was found to be faulty so it is their problem.
    So my favourite car manufacturer looses 50 points for crappy components and a further 50 for being a/holes.
    The dealership looses 100 for taking the easy way out and backing Holden without testing to see who was right.
    and as you can see , Im telling everyone.

put this thread on some australian car forums

Owned!

Don't tease the old man. He Bites

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    put this thread on some australian car forums
    jump on the LS1 forums
    I am the Stig

Go the Criuser!!! (make it a turbo, or V8 though). Stock ones have no power past 3rd.

Lazy, greedy service people
    It's not how fast you go, it's how much fun you have getting there

Anyone who buys a car now for around 30,00 pounds and doesn't buy one of these is either mad, or boring.
    -on the Vauxhall GTO

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    and as you can see , Im telling everyone.
    Isn;t it time now to come up with the names of the dealership. I guess my chances of ever needing them are zero, but you never know.
    Good opportunoty to get a nice diesel landcruiser
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

You loves his diseasels dont you mate

Good to hear Crisis. Stick it to the big guy!
    (not me, the dealership fool!)
    The Datto will rage again...

Thread Information