Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Senna

Senna

Just saw it at Hotdocs festival in Toronto. Very well done, lots of rare footage, great editing with good music....if you get a chance to see it you owe it to yourself to watch it....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Cool.

Will it be available on DVD? (Probably not Blu-Ray, but sure, why not hope for it?)

I know it's coming out in the states sometime in June but it probably won't be widely released so I hope I live near a theater that shows a lot of indie movie type stuff like that. I want to see this movie so bad. Otherwise I'll just Netflix it when it comes out on DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Just saw it at Hotdocs festival in Toronto. Very well done, lots of rare footage, great editing with good music....if you get a chance to see it you owe it to yourself to watch it....
    I was in the rush line, because I forgot to get tickets. Didn't get in.

We coulda seen each other. Did you see the red R8 that drove by?

Nope I missed it...did you see a guy who walked by wearing a VW hat?
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Nope I missed it...did you see a guy who walked by wearing a VW hat?
    Nah man. A blue MkIV GTI (maybe R32?) with dealer plates drove by a few times.

My friend and I were about 100th in line and waited from about 8:10-9. When did you show up?

oh cool! Senna is Top Gun! I saw the memorial dediction for him on Top Gear. That was some good footage!!! Love it!

Walked in about 8:50-ish...

The director was actually present and he mentioned that the film should be in wide release in Aug....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

3rd June here in UK. Already got it planned
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Cool.

Will it be available on DVD? (Probably not Blu-Ray, but sure, why not hope for it?)
    Amazon currently lists the Italian Import original as 2 DVDs or single Blu-Ray. However it is PAL, Region 2 only, in English, Italian, Portuguese, & Japanese, so it will not do much good unless you have a PAL multi-region player.

NetFlix lists it as wait listed with availability date "unknown". I have saved it to my wish list.
    Regards,
    Savageduck

"The machine does not isolate man from the great problems of nature, but plunges him more deeply into them."
    Antoine De Saint-Exupéry

^^^^ That's the kind of crap that the industry doesn't seem to realise LEADS to copies being shared on the internet
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

One day they'll realise that their models are archaic and move to a streaming thing world over.. probably once they're all bankrupted and have to start again. It's all but impossible to [legally] view things on demand here.

See also region locking and video games.. sometimes there's literally no other way than piracy to play something, simply because they chose to region lock in Japan and/or the US then not release it anywhere else. Sure, sometimes it's not economically viable to release a small game in a niche region, but at least let us import it! (Yes, I really would).
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

re the streaming, for Brit ex-pats working in the oil industry I know of a few companies who bypass this and charge £40 a month to let them view any UK terrestrial/satellite/cable channel. All bordering on illegal but plays a loophole in the wording and they get away with it for now !
    The industry coudl easily go to streaming but realise then it woudl be even MORE obvious how much excess profit exists !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    ^^^^ That's the kind of crap that the industry doesn't seem to realise LEADS to copies being shared on the internet
    The annoying thing is, this was released some time ago, but the various distributer perceptions has limited that release to what they see as a niche market, for both theater and consumer DVD release. For other than Brazil and Italy that is.

I fear my wait for a Region 1, NTSC, English edition is going to be a long one. That is almost enough to goad me into some sort of criminal action.
    Regards,
    Savageduck

"The machine does not isolate man from the great problems of nature, but plunges him more deeply into them."
    Antoine De Saint-Exupéry

Or just get a PAL disc and play on your PC to TV....thats how I get some concert DVD....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information