Thread: Events 2.0

Events 2.0

One of Ultimatecarpage.com's most prized assets is the events archive, containing dozens of features with thousands of exclusive high resolution images. The events range from motorshows to historic races in Europe and North America. To make our archive more easily accessible we have designed a fully searchable interactive events section. It is divided in four sections; Future events, which now includes links to past editions; Recent events, with the eight most recently covered events; Annual events, with coverages of events visited annually; Special events, listing events only covered or organized once. Furthermore it is now possible to switch between different runnings of the same event.

Future events:
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...ent_future.php

Recent events:
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...hp&mode=recent

Annual events:
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...hp&mode=annual

Special events:
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...p&mode=special

What do you think ??
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 03-24-2005 at 03:28 PM.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I seen this on the homepage. Brilliant work, easy navigation, and reading, well organized. Great going.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

*bows down*

We are not worthy

Much of the credits go out to Frank, who masterminded and executed the operation.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

thanks frank

Awsome, thanks to everyone who put effort in, great work.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

is there any possibilty to get a search engine that will actually find cars included in the slide shows?

Can such a search engine be made availalbe to supporting members only?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

How about a search for attachments too ? Again a feature that could be "sold" to supporting members
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    How about a search for attachments too ? Again a feature that could be "sold" to supporting members
    interesting suggestion but that would require great discipline in the naming of attachments
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    interesting suggestion but that would require great discipline in the naming of attachments
    Some already do

It would be possible to allow 'keywords' to be allocated with an attachment and THAT is what could be searched.

BOTH would be perfection !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Some already do

It would be possible to allow 'keywords' to be allocated with an attachment and THAT is what could be searched.

BOTH would be perfection !!
    it would indeed be a wealth of info

Id love to see a report on GFOS 05, and maybee us uk members could meet up.

But great effort, and im thinking about the supporting thing, just because i feel you deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by UCR
    Id love to see a report on GFOS 05, and maybee us uk members could meet up.

But great effort, and im thinking about the supporting thing, just because i feel you deserve it.
    according to the UK MotorSportAssociation internet magazines are not really press. Following this policy the Earl of March has up to now declined press access for UCP to Goodwood. He is quite alone in this though.

Thread Information