Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: some cars are controversial and are simply beautiful

Arrow some cars are controversial and are simply beautiful

take alfa romeo- none of their cars look like anything else-- all their designs are fairly controversial and original and different but they are all beautiful. You have cars like an audi that people say are beautiful but really any carmaker can do one the same. not many car makers can make a car like an a.r. and thats why they are so good lookin- the 156, 147, gtv, spider, brera, kamal, 166, 156 SportWagon even the 146 and 155 are good looking cars. So you can still be controversial but create a car that is simply beautiful. Chris Bangle and Partrik le Quement are trying to do what alfa is doing by making originally beautiful cars- Bangle is just making cars that are difficult to look at (i get the impression this is done intentionally to creat intimidation) and Patrik le Quement is just doing something that people invisage as the car of the future (but is just a fantasy because the future ain't gonna be all space ships- not yet anyway).They just can't do it like alfa!

I like Bangles designs
    Until you prove otherwise, I shall assume you are an idiot.

alfas have his problem. they only look nice when they first come out. after a while their cars tend tro be too boring, but only the GTA models and the GTV and spider have a bit of class. their cars are not ugly yet not stunning.

I agree with the fact that only ALFA may give us these designs & no one else...

Alfa Romeo has even made a car with a F1 V10 engine in it, the 164 ProCar, sadly... it stayed a unique car.
    Friends say that I've always got a smile on my face.

the BRERA is a real killer - i know it is 1/3 italdesign, 1/3 maserati and 1/3 alfa but it still has the alfa badge so it is considered an alfa romeo

Question

Originally posted by motorhead
    the BRERA is a real killer - i know it is 1/3 italdesign, 1/3 maserati and 1/3 alfa but it still has the alfa badge so it is considered an alfa romeo
    Is it's engine from Maserati than?
    Friends say that I've always got a smile on my face.

Maybe it's an Aussie thing, but I'll back up Kossy and give Bangle a nod of approval.

take a look at this beauty:
    yugo al neće dugo!
    Attached Images Attached Images

If Bangle is trying to imitate Alfa then all is revealed. No wonder his designs stink. I could count the good looking Alfas on one hand and thats being generous. You can stick Peugots, Renaults, Citroens in this pile too. Although I dont think Id need one finger to count the good looking Renaults and Citroens. Anything reasonable out of Europe has to cost big bucks ie Aston Martin (although European is contentious), Porsche, Ferrrari, Lambo etc. Even BMW, for all of their brilliance are not particularly stunning to look at, M3s excepted. But until Chris Mangle they were not OTT.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Damnation...

Bangle trying to impersonate Alfa Romeo? Before Bangle worked in BMW, he worked in Fiat, as in the Fiat that owns Alfa, and designed the Coupe.
    Now Alfa designs are never really that beautiful in the conventional sense of beauty lasting long, they age as well as milk most of the time. But if anything the Parent company, Fiat is more daring in designs, most of the alfas( 156, 166, 147) were designed by Walter Da Silva, of Audi Nuvolari Concept fame. while Fiats designs, some, like the stilo, are Germanic, others like the Multipla, are just plain ugly. Bangle is just mangling BMW, and he'll continue to do so for a long time yet, Judging by previous BMW desing chiefs. But at least it['s different. I have been a vocal disapprover of Bangle, but the 5 has been toned down, to the point of me liking it a lot actually.... and the Three will be no more radical. The age of the Taxi ass and Flame Surfacing is over.

YIPPIE!!!!!!!
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

*NOTE: Talking 'bout new Alfa's here...

Alfa's look really pretentious to me. The bodywork, sometimes elegant, mostly not, hides lazy mechanics and shitty dynamics. They are cars bought by poseurs who have no idea about cars beyond the Italian badge on the front. Alfa rank in my list of most disliked car makers. They have a trademark grille that they don't even bother to shape into the car properly. However, design-wise, they do have a lot of potential for beauty, as demonstrated by Pininfarina.

But I have noticed the similarity between flame-surfaced Beemer's and Alfa's, particularly on the side body panels.

Wow, I've found all decent Alfa's ( ie not the cheapest ones ) to have excellent 'dynamics' - pretty good handling along with a strong engine and beautiful note.
    Hmmm, what Alfa's do you get down there ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

To be honest I really like the Alfa's engines. Beyond that....

The shitty dynamics are the simple drawbacks for trying to make FWD sports cars. Over here, FWD isn't as big, so the inherent dynamics flaws aren't as easily forgiven. To pay as much money for an Alfa to get a driving experience like that, No thanks I'll pick something else.

Granted FWD not ideal in the Australian roads outside of the towns ( and even IN some of the towns from what I'm reading elsewhere ).

Different cars for different roads. Alfa are for fast tarmac
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information