Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: mustang vs Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    the Eurosnobs at Matech may tell you other stories.........
    1. I wasn't saying all Europeans are Eurosnobs, just, you know, most of you. Matech obviously isn't with their all american car lineup.

2. I can't find anything about Matech actually racing a Mustang, just that they are going to make one.

Edit: Yeah, no mustangs being raced in the GT4 European Cup. Who knows, they could introduce one and clean up. I think it's more relevant to look where they are being raced.
    Last edited by wwgkd; 06-28-2010 at 02:04 AM. Reason: clarification and additional info
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

I like the Mustang, solid rear axle and everything. It's simple cheap and bit of fun. And we should be thankful for that.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

i don't know if i asked this before but.. can you get an IRS conversion for them if you were so inclined?
    i.e. i'll likely never be doing any drag racing.. touring car style racing though..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

There were a couple of companies making IRS units for this chassis years back, but I don't recall if they are still in business. And as I recall, those conversions were quite expensive to have done. For alot less money you could put some really good brake pads and tires on the new GT and tear up the road courses like no tomorrow. I know it seems quite alien to consider for those who haven't experienced one first hand, but these newer Mustangs really do handle well above what their rear suspension would suggest of their capabilities. The only thing IRS would offer them is better ride comfort, which isn't required for winding through the turns as fast as possible.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    1. I wasn't saying all Europeans are Eurosnobs, just, you know, most of you. Matech obviously isn't with their all american car lineup.

2. I can't find anything about Matech actually racing a Mustang, just that they are going to make one.

Edit: Yeah, no mustangs being raced in the GT4 European Cup. Who knows, they could introduce one and clean up. I think it's more relevant to look where they are being raced.
    Mustangs were raced in GT4, not anymore though.
    VDS is readying/has readied a GT3 variant based on the restyled model though
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    is the Mustang still fitted with the live rear axle, and does not the Camaro have some sort of modern suspension? That should be noticeable in the twisties....
    The answer to your question is yes but for some reason (probably weight) the mustang beats the camaro in all the handling tests. a common line in those reviews is "ford somehow has made the live rear axle 'work'"
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

thanks for the opinions guys! keep them coming.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

I spoke to my father in law who is a ford salesman. He can get me a 2011 gt just the way I want it for about 32,500. If i were to buy a camaro I would probably want to immediately do intake/headers/exhaust/tune because the car is just a little to slow feeling stock so i would probably try to find a used one for around 30,000 or so and then spend a couple grand on the extras. At the end of the day the camaro would probably cost me about 1000$ more which isn't a huge deal.

The Camaro is nicer looking, I think. But the Mustang does have a better after sales tuning market.

I'm Leaning towards a Mustang simply because if your father in law owns a Ford Dealership wouldn't purchasing a car from the competition be a slap in the face?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    The Camaro is nicer looking, I think.
    looks bloated and fat imo. mustang looks far more taut in it's 2011 iteration!
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I'm Leaning towards a Mustang simply because if your father in law owns a Ford Dealership wouldn't purchasing a car from the competition be a slap in the face?
    haha this
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    The only thing IRS would offer them is better ride comfort, which isn't required for winding through the turns as fast as possible.
    Unless the turns are off camber and lumpy, then it can get a bit skittish. Though I hear the '11 model is much improved in that area.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-67GXNxzyJU]YouTube - 2010 Mustang In Japan! Drifting with Vaughn Gittin Jr.[/ame]
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

The comments on that vid are completely unsurprising. Silly internet people..

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Unless the turns are off camber and lumpy, then it can get a bit skittish. Though I hear the '11 model is much improved in that area.
    Well that rather depends on how are the roads around rooster's area. Here it would a bit useless probably. Apart from not fitting in any worthy road, possibly. I wonder, when the Camaro comes, will it be bigger than the average European town?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well that rather depends on how are the roads around rooster's area. Here it would a bit useless probably. Apart from not fitting in any worthy road, possibly. I wonder, when the Camaro comes, will it be bigger than the average European town?
    Not sure about bigger than the average town.. I think it's more hamlet sized.

Thread Information