Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini Gallardo Italian State Police Car

Lamborghini Gallardo Italian State Police Car

(from Lamborghini Press Release) A Lamborghini Gallardo has been donated to the Italian State Police (Polizia di Stato) by Automobili Lamborghini SpA. The V10, 500 bhp 190 mph performance car has been liveried in the colours of the state police and includes a siren and flashing lights on the roof. This is the first time that a Lamborghini will be used by Italian police.

The Gallardo police car will be used by the traffic police (Polizia Stradale) during emergency situations on the Salerno-Reggio Calabria highway in southern Italy. It is equipped with apparatus to transmit and receive information and images in critical situations such as road traffic accidents, fires and other disaster situations. It will also be fitted with the Italian police’s Provida system which records traffic violations and sends images in real-time, and has a direct connection to the police database as well as the Elsag ‘Autodetector’ system for number plate recognition.

In addition, the Gallardo is equipped with first aid equipment including defibrillator apparatus with the capability to perform electrocardiograms, and automatic diagnosis of arterial pressure and the presence of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood. The car will also be used for the transportation of plasma and human organs for transplant.

The police’s use of their Lamborghini Gallardo won’t be limited to fair-weather driving: as well as the benefits of the Gallardo’s permanent four-wheel drive, during winter months it will also sport special ‘Sottozero’ snow tyres developed by Pirelli for Lamborghini.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (317.1 KB, 58 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (464.9 KB, 50 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (328.2 KB, 34 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (386.3 KB, 36 views)

wow, this is old. A great police car but this is very old
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

in MclareN's defense, even though it is old, the two detail shots are pics I have not seen before...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

I've heard about this. They park it at an entrance to the highway to deter speeding, though if they use it to pull someone over and arrest them, they have to wait for the police Fiats (I think they're Pandas) to catch up, because of the lack of a back seat in the Lambo.

Elswick, England (Home of the world famous Bonds' Ice Cream!)
    Quote Originally Posted by pimento
    I've heard about this. They park it at an entrance to the highway to deter speeding, though if they use it to pull someone over and arrest them, they have to wait for the police Fiats (I think they're Pandas) to catch up, because of the lack of a back seat in the Lambo.
    HAHAHAHAHA!
    UCP's No.1 Koenigsegg & Aston Martin fan!
    UCP's Biggest Feeder fan!

I would like to see the day when an enzo came flying past the entrance, i think the lambo would definitly get owned. And as for the panda's... well....
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by pimento
    So if you get caught speeding you don't even get to ride to jail in the Lambo?! Rip-off.

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    I would like to see the day when an enzo came flying past the entrance, i think the lambo would definitly get owned. And as for the panda's... well....

thats where they need the Typhon
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Typhoon? Didn't TVR make a Typhoon?
    I don't know alot about TVRs cars, but I'm guessing that's the one.

Saw that on top gear a longgg time agoo
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Typhoon? Didn't TVR make a Typhoon?
    I don't know alot about TVRs cars, but I'm guessing that's the one.
    the tvr typhon. basically a super-tuscan by the looks. VERY cool! it has like 600 horsepower per ton. no idea if it is being produced or will be produced, just heard about it once in a magazine i got while on the other side of the pond.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Kingdom of Tonga South Pacific for the time being..
    yea they are old but here are some new ones for you.. taken by me at the columbus day parade in NYC..

________
    digital scales
    Last edited by Rebirth of Xar; 01-30-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Kingdom of Tonga South Pacific for the time being..
    some more..

thats it..

More Pictures from the event found here.. http://supercarfreak.net/gallery/album782
    ________
    Toyota Avensis history
    Last edited by Rebirth of Xar; 01-30-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McLareN
    (from Lamborghini Press Release) A Lamborghini Gallardo has been donated to the Italian State Police (Polizia di Stato) by Automobili Lamborghini SpA. The V10, 500 bhp 190 mph performance car has been liveried in the colours of the state police and includes a siren and flashing lights on the roof. This is the first time that a Lamborghini will be used by Italian police.

The Gallardo police car will be used by the traffic police (Polizia Stradale) during emergency situations on the Salerno-Reggio Calabria highway in southern Italy. It is equipped with apparatus to transmit and receive information and images in critical situations such as road traffic accidents, fires and other disaster situations. It will also be fitted with the Italian police’s Provida system which records traffic violations and sends images in real-time, and has a direct connection to the police database as well as the Elsag ‘Autodetector’ system for number plate recognition.

In addition, the Gallardo is equipped with first aid equipment including defibrillator apparatus with the capability to perform electrocardiograms, and automatic diagnosis of arterial pressure and the presence of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood. The car will also be used for the transportation of plasma and human organs for transplant.

The police’s use of their Lamborghini Gallardo won’t be limited to fair-weather driving: as well as the benefits of the Gallardo’s permanent four-wheel drive, during winter months it will also sport special ‘Sottozero’ snow tyres developed by Pirelli for Lamborghini.

yay!!! a gallardo finally helps and protects and secures!!! yay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    the tvr typhon. basically a super-tuscan by the looks. VERY cool! it has like 600 horsepower per ton. no idea if it is being produced or will be produced, just heard about it once in a magazine i got while on the other side of the pond.
    Too add:

TVR's 580BHP 215MPH Typhon
    TVR's new flagship aims for Ferrari Enzo pace for just 85K UKpounds

TVR has finally revealed the price and specification of it's sophisticated new flagship, the Typhon. Originally slated to produce 500BHP, TVR has found that the supercharged version of it's superb straight-six engine is acctually well within tolerances producing a massive 580BHP at 7000rpm. The torque figure of 467LB ft at 5000rpm is equally impressive. The Typhon will cost 84995 UKpounds when delivers beginning this summer, and TVR claims there's already a two-year waiting list for the car

TVR is also offering two normally-aspirated versions of the car; the T400R fitted with the 400BHP 4-litre straight-six, and the T440R with a 4.2-litre good for 440BHP. They are priced at 74995 UK's and 79995 UK's respectively. It's crucial that TVR offers these less powerful models in order to homologate the car for Le Mans (the T400R racers don't use the supercharged engine).

In reality almost every customer will opt for the full 580bhp Typhon. All models will benefit from TVR's six-speed sequential gearbox, a true sequential 'box as opposed to automated manuals like the Ferrari F1 system and Lamborghini's e-gear. It is operated via a convemtionally positioned gearlever rather than a steering wheel paddle shift.

The Typhon's Construction is very different from other TVR's: the usual steel spaceframe with integrated rollcage is supplemented with a very stiff aluminium honeycomb and carbonfibre floor which significantly increases rigidity. Body panels are also in carbonfibre, helping to keep weight down to 1110kg, which endows the Typhon with a power-to-weight ratio of 530bhp per ton. to put that into prespective, the fastest Ferrari road car of all time, the Enzo, comes in at 484bhp/ton, and Porsche's Carrera GT has 445bhp/ton. Currently, only the fastes road going car of all time, the Mclaren F1, shades the Typhon's figure with 560bhp/ton - altough the Koenigsegg CCR will raise the bar significantly to around 700bhp/ton when it arrives!!!

Like all TVRs, the Typhon will offer remarkable performance-per-UKpound; the company claims a sub-4sec 0-60MPH sprint and a top speed of 215MPH. The low drag co-efficent of Cd 0.32 makes the most of the power, and the virtually flat underfloor and front and rear diffusers are said to aid high-speed stability significantly. Inside, the ruthless focus on performance and weight-saving will be evident through exposed aluminium and carbonfibre trim and a generally 'minimalist' design. The only sop to luxury are the leather-trimmed but lightweight carbonfibre seats.

It's a brave move for TVR to launch a car that costs over 80000 uk's but the Typhon shares the class-leading performance of it's less expensive siblings that has traditionally attracted so many buyers out of Boxtsers and 911s. Combine 580BHP and carbonfibre construction with typically outrageous TVR looks and the success of the Typhon looks assured. We can't wait to drive it.

EVO UK Magazine July 2004. Edited by Matthew Bates (me)

Thread Information