Thread: 99 Chevy Suburban

99 Chevy Suburban

Im at my friends house right now using his computer (shr0olvls) and he told me to come here to get some info about my car.

Well I just turned 16 and my mom gave me her car (99 chevy Suburban) and bought a new tahoe. But I dont know if I should fix it up and give it some performance parts and race it a lil or if its just to heavy and i should just put some big rims on it and lower it and get a good sound system n it. Id like to make it a bit fast but i dont know if its possible since its pretty big and if you could, what are some good sites to look at for parts.

thanks

What you could do is not spend any money on parts for this car and for 2 good reasons:

1. All these mods are a complete waste of money and you should spend more of your money on your life rather than your wheels.

2. The Chevrolet Suburban is a rubbish car.

Of course all this is my opinion and you don't have to take my advice.

Goodbye.

If you want to even ATTEMPT to make a Chevy Suburban fast, I position you lower than a ricer on the ladder of society.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Sell it before its resale value gets any lower, and buy yourself a real car.

Theres no way you could make that car fast.
    And even if u did then it wouldnt be easy and fun to drive around in every day, (im guessing this will be ur every day car)
    lowering and nice rims can be Tacky, but maybe a 2inch drop and sum 19inch wheels, NOT 26 INCH CHROME SPINNERS and it would look nice. Also just get what you really want or need, dont upgrade it just to say that u did, save ur money
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Sell it before its resale value gets any lower, and buy yourself a real car.
    what egg nog said, you can get A LOT of used sports cars for the money you can get off of that. I'm guessing that it can sell for 14-16k (American dollars)
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

The Chevy Suburban was never designed to go fast but to carry a whole bunch of people and their stuff. Egg Nogg has a good idea, sell it and buy something better suited for performance.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

NOS. Lots and lots of NOS.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    NOS. Lots and lots of NOS.
    Haha... The big ones... Two of 'em

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Haha... The big ones... Two of 'em
    That's my line!!!
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

You're 16, probably just starting to drive. Don't worry about going fast, especially in a GIANT vehicle that doesn't like to change direction or slow down. Momentum is such a drag. Just spend your money on some of the best tires while keeping the rims and spend the rest on upgrading your sound/PS2 system. And NEVER play the PS2 while driving!!! Suburbans can be a great substitute for a treehouse but not a sportscar

Just remember drive your Suburban like older people drive Suburbans. No scratch that, drive it slowly and responsibly
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    You're 16, probably just starting to drive. Don't worry about going fast, especially in a GIANT vehicle that doesn't like to change direction or slow down. Momentum is such a drag. Just spend your money on some of the best tires while keeping the rims and spend the rest on upgrading your sound/PS2 system. And NEVER play the PS2 while driving!!!
    Good advise!!

Suburbans can be a great substitute for a treehouse but not a sportscar
    Very funny and very true.

Just remember drive your Suburban like older people drive Suburbans. No scratch that, drive it slowly and responsibly
    Again, good advise.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

When I'm 16, I'm getting a 1965 Volvo 544 Sport. Come over in a few years and we'll race

Thread Information