Thread: SLR legend is coming back

Cool SLR legend is coming back

Back in 1955 Mercedes unveiled the cover off its sports car the 300 SLR. It was the most powerful car in its range at that time hitting 300Kmh of max speed. The 300 SLR won a series of races due to its low weight (1170 kg) & powerful V8 3.0 liters unit producing 310 bhp. Merc only produced two prototypes of this legend back then feeling that it was not the right time to put this beast on roads.

Today, Merc has joined forces with its formula1 partner: Mclaren to bring back the legendary SLR to life again. This time they intend to fascinate the world with their expertise on both roads & tracks. To achieve this they brought some formula1 features such as use of carbon-Fiber in the car’s body structure & fiber-reinforced ceramics for long life heat resistant brakes.
    While the engine is said to receive extra care: Most likely it will be an AMG supercharged V8.

Last edited by kinan.f; 06-09-2003 at 03:56 AM.

as i said b4, this car is totally so cool
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

p/s: I Love the Murcielago!!!

Originally posted by motormaniac
    as i said b4, this car is totally so cool
    it will have a very hard time facing its rivals - firstly the carrera gt - then the enzo - then the murcielago - 575 - zonda - and many many more - it will be very very tough for the SLR no doubt
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Originally posted by motorhead
    it will have a very hard time facing its rivals - firstly the carrera gt - then the enzo - then the murcielago - 575 - zonda - and many many more - it will be very very tough for the SLR no doubt
    Don't forget that it represents long Mclaren experience in this category

Originally posted by kinan.f
    Don't forget that it represents long Mclaren experience in this category
    oh yes and your beloved mclaren with their one pathetic and old car the mclaren F1
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Angry

Okay motorhead - Define PROPERLY "pathetic"

If you are going to have an opinion PLEASE justify it, or I'm going to start deleting your threads. (n.b. I don't want to resort to this)

Originally posted by Kudosdude
    Okay motorhead - Define PROPERLY "pathetic"

If you are going to have an opinion PLEASE justify it, or I'm going to start deleting your threads. (n.b. I don't want to resort to this)
    erm kudos since you love deleting threads and youre always using that as a reason for us stating our points or judgement go ahead - i think your little precious forum would not be even alive if not for me or motormaniac for that matter - most of the threads and pictures were all posted by us and we were the once who actually made the forum a proper forum(with exception of all the arguments) we made something for you all to comment to show your views on so i dn't really care if you delete any of my efforts but lets see how your forum would fair if it was not for me or motormanic
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Motorhead - First this isn't MY forum, and second, I'm glad you don't care that I delete your comments.

If you are going to have an opinion PLEASE justify it
    I didn't think I was asking that much.

Originally posted by motorhead
    oh yes and your beloved mclaren with their one pathetic and old car the mclaren F1
    If it is really pathetic why was it nominated the fastest car back in 95 in the first place?

Originally posted by kinan.f
    If it is really pathetic why was it nominated the fastest car back in 95 in the first place?

gd point
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

p/s: I Love the Murcielago!!!

Thread Information