Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with street racing?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    No they don't.
    [propganda]yes we do[/propaganda]

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    The guys who are big in to streetracing tune there cars and setups at the track. When you take your car to tech you check no time on the checklist and it wont show your time after the run.
    Then why don't the idiots just STAY at the track?
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Because then they'd actually know that they spent $15,000 on a turbo, standalone, and nitrous. And they still run 14's.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Because then they'd actually know that they spent $15,000 on a turbo, standalone, and nitrous. And they still run 14's.
    <3 Agreed.

The car that I saw run ran an around a 9.3 it pulled a high 9 second car pretty good but thats just a geuss. This was also at the nearest track to Detroit one of the biggest street racing cities in the country.
    Last edited by rev440; 09-15-2006 at 09:57 PM.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Nine second cars are few and far between. And for the most part have terrible street manners.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

So they bring and set up timing gear to these street races? Seems like a whole shitload of pointless effort to go to when a strip already has it.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    So they bring and set up timing gear to these street races? Seems like a whole shitload of pointless effort to go to when a strip already has it.
    No, they run at the drag tracks to get there setups dialed in then the race on the street. Stupid I know. I geuss part of the rush is your braking the law.

Nine second cars are few and far between. And for the most part have terrible street manners.
    There probably more common then you think but for the most part you are correct. The N/A cars are defiantly because of the use of race gas but the FI cars still mannage to get around 16mpg they are not anywhere near daily drivers but they are streetable.

The bottom line is do as you please. I personally think that people who street race do it for the pure adrenaline rush which is different from that the one gets on a legal track event.

Street manners doesn't just mean fuel economy. It's actual drivability. Emissions, idle quality, heavy clutch pedals. The kinds of cars you wouldn't want to be stuck in traffic in.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Street manners doesn't just mean fuel economy. It's actual drivability. Emissions, idle quality, heavy clutch pedals. The kinds of cars you wouldn't want to be stuck in traffic in.
    Most of the FI cars are fine on emissions and the idle will be alright. The majority of the cars running in the 9's are auto trans like a C4 or 4R70W giving the car the ability to be streetable yet fast at the track. As I said before the N/A cars will have more trouble with alot of things such as the idle from the cams and the emissions from running open headers and other very low restriction exhausts.

I don't know of many 9 second cars being able to be driveable on the street, there is no practicality to it at all. Even with an automatic, they aren't easy to drive slow, they aren't easy to steer and manuver, and they are just usually insanley loud which leads to the driver and any passenger getting shaken apart.

In 2004 there was only 60 some deaths related to street racing.
    go tell that to the parents of the fallen people(some probably innocent), might need to have some protection.

street racing is just a tad safer than drunk driving, but both mostly end up in.......death of people, or its like smoking, you pay to get yourself killed(in this case, bets and stuff like that).
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    What I meant was the point of street racing is the suprise of not knowing what the other cars run. Not many real street races are weaving in and out of traffic
    1) I'd rather trade that idea of not knowing your opponents' cars with the lives of 60 people.

2) Just one street race that weave through the traffic is bad enough.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Each user is faced with one central decision when they share public roads with everybody else .. whether to behave responsibly, or act like a moron. It all comes down to one thing .. attitude!

And street racers don't even need a car to behave like idiots, or to impose death on innocent others

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...96-661,00.html

Thread Information